Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm in pretty sore need of advice here =(

I took the car to the dealership yesterday to have some new rotors and pads installed. It came to a little less than I had expected, so I asked them to flush the brake fluid and coolant.

About an hour later, the dealership called back to say "There is green You're radiator is coming apart at the seams and the water pump is leaking" They wanted to tack another $1000 onto the bill to repair those items. The brakes were cheap but not THAT cheap. I told them I would have to bring the car back later.

Of course, as soon as I got off the phone, I tore open the pack of service records that came with the car. I found this one:

The odometer reads 147071 now.

Now I know that the Honda radiator is pretty wimpy. But I didn't think that it was 25000 kilometers wimpy. I mean.. that's less than 16, 000 miles!

What should I do to check things out?
Thanks for the help!

Ian

·
Registered
175 Posts
second opinion, if it was a scam then use your sword. not trying to piss you off, but i does happen, just because its a dealer is working on your car, dosn't mean they wont scam you. people are people

·
Registered
162 Posts
It either leaks or it doesnt, it's that simple. If it's a real small leak and you don't have the cash to fix it, just keep filling it.

I can't imagine how they could diagnose the water pump as being bad that quickly, it seems to me you would need to remove the timing belt covers to truly find out. Get it back and look at it yourself to see how bad it is. Worst case scenario, take it somewhere else.

Did that 1000 dollars include timing belt and tensioner replacement too? If the water pump needs to be done, i would definately do the belt and tensioner while i was in there....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HollowellReid on Feb/10/06 said:
Did that 1000 dollars include timing belt and tensioner replacement too? If the water pump needs to be done, i would definately do the belt and tensioner while i was in there....

Yeah, it did... but the timing belt is 2 items down on the same service record I have scanned =p

I park the car in a garage and the floor under the car has never shown any colour, let alone green. I am still really skeptical. Thanks for all the advice, though. Maybe I will take a look at what a pressure tester will cost at the local supply shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.