Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

do you see some liquid leak around radiator... i think its crack but i didnt see it say hot in cluster. its good running. i think it will leak if i do high rev. that radiator seem cant handle when i do high rev.. so i want to replace radiator before f*** up i considered to buy a koyo radiator.. i dont know if its worth for my integra because everything's stock in my engine bay. there none of mods. maybe there no point to have racing radiator (KOYO) in my integra within no mods.. jus tell me what your opinion. i will see what your opinion. thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
well it depends... if you plan on doing any upgrades you can get a koyo or fluidyne.. but i mean if your just going to keep it stock.. you can find some used ones for like <50 bucks even.. saves you alot of money.. ha

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
Well, everyone has to start somewhere with their mods, yours can be a new radiator
, anything that keeps your engine cooler will keep it running better for longer, so it never hurts to have a better radiator, doesn't matter if you have any mods or not. Besides, better safe than sorry, which means better to have a racing radiator cooling your engine better than keeping a radiator and having it give when you rev your teggy into overdrive and having your engine take any possible damage, especially if you don't notice and start to overheat..blah lol

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
or if you have no plans for the car, and wanna keep it stock get a used one for 50 bucks or less on ebay or here in a member's part-out listing like mentioned in the 2nd post

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I aint going to keep it stock.. i jus got my integra since one month ago. I supposed to order skunk2 full coilover next week but the problem showed up. I think i better buy oem radiator for now because koyo radiator kinda out of my budget. GSR, Or TYPE R radiator can be fit in my integra GS??? actually all radiator in integra are same right?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey, I have a radiator for sale, it's the exact part that you need. My radiator had the exact same failure, and I bought this radiator that I'm selling from RadiatorBarn.com like I'd read was recommended on here. Long story short, I never used it, didn't even unwrap it because my friends teg to hit really hard in the back rear corner and was completely totalled, so he gave me his koyo. At any rate, I'll get a link or a URL in here for you and you can see the exact one I purchased. I'm willing to sell it for $50 plus shipping, which is well below the price they have it for, simply because I can't use it and it's taking up space in my closet. Lemme know, via PM or reply post.

Radiator Barn Website - "Option 1"

·
Registered
930 Posts
I've had a Godspeed all aluminum radiator in my GSR for over a year without any problems. It has both fan mounts and fit perfectly other then it is so thick it required trimming a little of the AC fan shroud to clear one of the AC hoses. It doesn't cost alot more then a stock one.

Ebay

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im going to get me oem radiator for now..

--Balugals, i checked the radiator and yes, there fluid in it. i guess it ll leak if i do high rev that's all.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Check to make sure your cap is holding pressure. I had that exact same problem on my old Nissan after I jacked it up. Turned out the cap wasn't holding pressure. Bought a new one and problem solved :)

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
404DaTeg on Sep/21/07 said:
im going to get me oem radiator for now..

--Balugals, i checked the radiator and yes, there fluid in it. i guess it ll leak if i do high rev that's all.
Could always pick up the one that was jus offered to you for 50$ + shipping, brand new and still wrapped

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.