Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,

I've been getting different information from different sources, so here I come to you at Team-Integra to solve my problems. I'm getting a new radiator. I have a '95 Integra LS 5sp. I want an all-aluminum radiator, like a Koyo or Fluidyne. Do I need any fans to go with the new radiator, or will the stock fans work? I have a Comptech 4-2-1 header. If I decide to go turbo, which is a better choice, and will what fans will I need in that case?

I'm asking b/c I really don't want to buy a $70 fan that I don't need.

Thx,
Ben

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
dased530 on Sep/29/03 said:
stock fans will be ok
No they wont! There is no place for the condenser fan on a Fluidyne.

Although, the stock cooling fan WILL work just fine.

Modacar.com is the CHEEPEST site Ive found for the Fluidyne Radiator at $359 BRAND NEW!!!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
by the way, depending on which turbo kit/manifold you go with you WILL have serious fitment issues. i had to resort to fal dual fans. they work great

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
IXICodeBlueIXI on Sep/29/03 said:
by the way, depending on which turbo kit/manifold you go with you WILL have serious fitment issues. i had to resort to fal dual fans. they work great
Do the "duel fans" work on the Fluidyne? All I used was the colling fan but always wondered if I could used the 2 fans if they were somehow connected.

·
Registered
329 Posts
yes and if you go turbo you won't have any clearence problems,but for right now your stock fan will fit.
there might be some rubbing on your condesing lines

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dual fans work fine you just have to make some sort of bracket for the AC one. If you look in my picture there's a pic that it fits, because someone didn't believe me before.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
hey ben, we have the same year and model...i have the pwr which is when i compared is the same as the fluidyne...for n/a applications you will be fine for clearance wise even with aftermarket headers, however, when i switched over to FI, you definitely need to go with a slimmer fan like the dual fal fans...it differs though on the manifold you will be using when you go FI...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey mrmbuna, can you kindly keep me informed on what you have decided. Let me know how it turns out as I'm in the market for a new Radiator as well (possible dual fan too). Thanks... Please post pic once you have completed it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts