Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright,

2nd radiator barn radiator and it started leaking today...and I heard alot of people on here having problems with them so im just going to go with something esle. Now I heard some people buying from radiator.com and said they have not had any problems. But when I called them to see whats up...turns out there radiator is metal/plastic. But if people on here had no problems with them for awhile then maybe ill go with them even though its plastic but there seal design might be good considering I have not heard any problems on here about em but still its plastic lol. I was looking at the other ones people talk about like koyo and such but its alittle too pricy for me. Which would you guys recommend for under 200 bucks to be the best way to go? Thanks

·
Registered
720 Posts
Go with all metal if you ask me. I have went through to many radiators with the seal on the top tank leaking to never buy plastic. Different types of metal will cost you. Just a normal one from a radiator shop should be no more than $125 or so. When I bought my Teg the Acura dealer installed a new one because I seen where the seal was leaking.So the salesman was up to replacing it.About 6 months later it leaked at the top seal. So there you go.
The worst thing on the radiator is if your car does not fully warm up.Short trips. And the seals dry out. They shrink and stuff and this is a good way to get one leaking. And then again I have a 91 CRX with the original plastic radiator in it. And it was a HF model. That is now cooling its B18 transplant and still keeping things cool.
But I would go all metal if I was you....

·
Registered
467 Posts
they have two different versions here:

Radiator Barn, Integra page

I'm curious if anyone has any information on the WARRANTY they give. it says lifetime... is that limited?

has anyone ever gotten numerous replacements through the warranty? did you pay for shipping? thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bought a metal/plastic radiator from Radiator Barn put it in myself and a few months later it started leaking from the plastic seal. I called them up, explain where it was leaking from and they quickly agreed to replace it for me. They even agreed to upgrade to an all metal radiator for an additional $20. oh and they paid for all the shipping costs.

My advice is just go for the all metal one.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this was the all metal one from radiator barn both leaked after time,

I dunno I was thinking that these all metal ones are having problems when the OEM one which ya is plastic/metal but lasted for like 80-100k. I had a funny thought of getting a true OEM one and it should last me about 80 to 100k. My teg just has like CAI and such..nothing big thats gonna need good cooling. When I changed my radiator fluid before the install of both these radiator's...I flushed and bleed the system correctly and got a new cap (OEM) and checked everything. My headgasket is fine and the stat is fine too, again I have heard alot of bad things about the design of the radiator barn all metal ones so I guess its true. I just want to get something that will last a long time and for 200 bucks or less. Think anything that sold at advanced auto parts would have something good? I looked at some of there radiators and there priced between 130-190 bucks and are some weird name brand. Dunno if anyone has tried theres before. I just dont want to keep replacing my radiator all the time..I got other things to worry about then this. *sigh*

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
i have an all aluminum OBX radiator and ive put 5k miles on it with no complaints, and my temp gauge never goes past about 35%

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
729 Posts
IMHO, lifetime warranties mean nothing if you have continously change the rad. out every few months. Then you have to wait or pay for a new one while you wait for them to apply a credit for the faulty one. Don't get me wrong radiatorbarn has great customer service but the quality of the CSF rads suck. The basic rads from radiatorbarn, radiator.com, and radiatorexpress are the same maker, CSF. The all metal ones IMO, which are double the weight of the OEM, are no better than the OEM "style" replacement.

·
Registered
2000 GS-R
725 Posts
I've had a PWR for about 2 years now. Keeps the engine nice and cool. I got it from mohdparts.com. They have them still for $321. Nice fit on both fans.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't have a camera to take pics, but the fit is snug. You have room to put on an aftermarket header if you want. My temp sensor actually is lower now thaen when I had a stock OEM radiator in my teg.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey GSR619SD,

I went to napa and gave them the part number to that one I showed you that was 190 something bucks that was all metal. Turns out the only one they have for the integra is plastic/metal. The part number for all copper/brass metel one leads them to that plastic metal one. I told them I was on there site and the all metal one is the one that came up under that part number. So they got out there book and looked through all the parts and it said copper brass for that part number. They looked puzzled and was like..."well damn I guess its misleading because thats the only one we have for your modle integra or any integra for that matter from 94-01." I was like "well do you have to order it or is that all you have here?" and they said "thats all that is available to us" So are you sure yours is all metal and not plastic/metal? Because if it is and yours has been holding up for almost a year then that must be some good plastic..lol

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok well I called another napa store in the area and talked to the guy about this and he said "well the local stores might only have that radiator available to us but our online store might have access to the one your looking for because it might have to be ordered" I was like "ohhhh alright" did you order yours online? Also I was wondering if napa all metal ones are that CSF brand also? I hope not lol

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've been through 5 radiatorbarn radiators which have been covered by the warranty. 3 plastic/aluminum and 2 heavy duty all metal (free upgrade after the 3 plastic radiators).

All 3 plastic radiators started leaking within a couple days. The first all metal one I put in started leaking after a week. The second one just recently started leaking after 10 months.

I called them up and they said this is the last time they are going to warranty the radiator because it is very rare that 5 radiators have leaking issues. They said it must be something with my car, whatever

They sent me a new plastic/aluminum one. Hopefully this one will last. Very skeptical!

Great customer service but the radiators suck

·
Registered
200 Posts
true! my radiator just went out again. 2nd all metal from them, so I guess I'm going to go with an OEM koyo. Just lettin ya know the radbarn radiators in my experience aren't good. friend of mine had the same problem. good service yes, but the rads do suck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.