Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My friend goes to Yale University and is doing a survey on racing, imports, and I guess the whole scene. If you got a couple of minutes go and take a look. This is just background information on people in the "scene". LINK. If you would like e-mail him and he can do a more in-depth interview.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
How does that survery purtain to racing, imports, and the scene?!? I see now connection but then again, I don't go to Yale LOL

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually didn't anticipate such a quick response. He can make it longer if you guys are down for that. Remember you have to be into racing whether it be autocross, drag, or even street racing.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
I did it.
"Purpose:
The research goal is to understand the motivations, goals, and societal influences that create a street racer.

Risks and Benefits:
Although this study will not benefit you personally, we hope that our results will add to the knowledge on street racing, and provide awareness as to the motives and goals of the individuals who participate in it."

Personally, I don't think any of those factors have jack to do with street racing. I think the survey is of no significance to finding the cause of street race.

Where do I stand? From Naturalistic observations, I've seen trucks/cars, rich/poor people race. Your survey, seems to be especially bias towards the people of the latin culture referring to question two or so. I'm asian but that doesn't have anything to do with it.

Also, anyone taking this survey HAS to be a street racer. No if ands or buts about it, look at the purpose of the project. You would get scewed data by asking all types of racers.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Yeah I noticed that too, regarding to it being biased towards Latino's. It's always about us Mexicans!!! What did we do wrong this time?!? LOL J/K And there is no such thing as Hispanic....there is no Hispania!!!

But I am interested to see the results of this survey. Can you post the results Chulospidey?

PSDon't mean to offend anyone

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Question #4 What race do you consider yourself as?
White
Black, African American, or Negro
American Indian or Alaska Native
Asian Indian
Japanese
Native Hawaiian
Chinese
Korean
Filipino
Vietnamese
Samoan
Other Asian
Other Pacific Islander

Does this mean if half the white kids I see running around my area take this survey they can check that they consider themselves Black, African American, or Negro

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
I'm a 4th year psych student, and at first glance this seems like a survey that may be studying the correlations between the variables mentioned in the questions. Could be anything from "risk assesment in relation to race." Or "Does housing size and availability of a vehicle in order to race."
The thing about research is it is very hard to collect accurately all the time. (Reliability) Try not to be too critical, if you got a couple minutes help the guy out by adding to his number of participants. Surveys and research may never give a definite conclusion to the researcher but with a large effect size (# of participants or large # of subjects being studied) a generalization may become more clear to him. just my $.02

1 - 11 of 11 Posts