Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 GS-R and I want to put either the Rev or Evo Sparco racing seats in it. So does anyone have any advise, warnings, or information on the parts that I need to get before the seats go in or problems people have had with these seats or racing seats in general? Any feedback will be appriciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
they are comfortable, sturdy, relatively durable, and cost a lot. if you want to buy the sparcos just for the name, i suggest not to...go recaro, tenzo r, or the other brands, they are the same thing but with a little different designs and name...but if you like the sparcos i say go for it because they are the number one brand for a reason, their reputation.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
i would say that recaro's are the number one brand if you are talking quality.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I ran into a problem installing my seats. Before you order the seats, make sure the brackets for your car are NOT on backorder. When I ordered my Tenzo's, I didnt even realize it and when I put the order in for the brackets, they were on back order for 3 months. Racing seats do not make good living room seats...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I now am looking at Corbeau Forza racing seats for the Teg. They weigh only 16 pounds and cost $220. Plus they actually have sliders and not brackets. Any suggestions, comments, criticisims?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
well the only experience i have had with Corbeau is one of their motorcycle seats. i liked it, but i dont know much about their car seats.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Arent the Forza's the non adjustables?? If I were you, I wouldn't want non-adjustables (if they are) because they are very uncomfortable for a daily driven car. I know with my seats any time more than an hour WITH adjustables is a very uncomfortable ride. But hey, if they are want you want, more power to ya. I have red Tenzo R Rally Types, and I got the seats for 300 each, plus the 40 each for brackets w/ sliders. I like these seats a lot, and they look exactlly like Sparco Torinos.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Integ_TypeT on Sep/24/02 said:
Arent the Forza's the non adjustables?? If I were you, I wouldn't want non-adjustables (if they are) because they are very uncomfortable for a daily driven car. I know with my seats any time more than an hour WITH adjustables is a very uncomfortable ride.
are you referring to the tenzo R seats that are uncomfortable within an hour.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Quote: Integ_TypeT on Sep/24/02 I know with my seats any time more than an hour WITH adjustables is a very uncomfortable ride.

Ummmmmmm....

·
Registered
934 Posts
You want comfort buy leather, you want support get racing seats. You make sacrifices when you modify a car, unfortunately, racing seats, most of them, are all uncomfortable after a long time spent in them.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
wow, you seats are uncomfortable? which ones are you using? my boy has the Sparco Torinos in his car, 6 hours to Atlanta, so so comfortable...I guess paying for nice seats is worth it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
no they are more suportive...not comfortable. Also sliders don't take the place of brackets. They just make it so the seat can slide forward. You still need brackets for them to be strait bolt ins. And I think racing seats make great living room seats. I play GT3 in mine all the time. Also great for watching fast & furious.

·
Registered
934 Posts
LOL 98turbo. That was the same thing I used mine for while my brackets were on back order. And JUICED, I dunno man, Ive been in a couple of different seats, and they are all pretty similar, uncomfortable. I mean its not so bad that you dont want to sit in them, dont get me wrong, but on long trips sometimes I wish I had my stock seats in.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am plannig on going with the red on black sceme so definatly the red ones. I am curious, if I get the brackets for them off the Corbeau website, will the slider forward or just stay in the same position? The furthest I have to drive is no more the 1.5 hours at a time to and from college. I am planning on buying 2 of them, one for the passenger and one for me :) Any comments or criticisms please express! I want to be sure of my investment.

·
Registered
478 Posts
one more important thing is they dont come with nuts and bolts. I just put on my Sparco Sprint seat and i had to go to the hardware store to get bolts. another thing is sometimes those seats sit a little lower than the stock ones so then you might wanna get spacers to make your seat higher as i did. =)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for the replys! I am getting a lot out of this! If I do get those seats I will post how they are coming along then post pics.

·
Registered
713 Posts
hour and a half eh? you don't happen to go to college at Auburn do ya?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No I attend Georgia College and State University and have to drive between Griffin GA and there about once a week. Other than that I don't drive more than 20 minutes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts