Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im 6'3" and have a 98 gsr. I want to get a racing seat but dont want to sit any higher. My head is all ready near the roof. Do any after market seats sit lower than stock or is it all in the brackets. I was looking at the sparco speed seat..thanks for any feed back

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
you should erase that bump, it'll get your post locked...no bumping allowed here

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sorry cant really help u in this topic, but my friend with a civic has a set of sparco bucket seats in his car and it was dramtically lowered. I dont know what it will be like inside an integra, but im guessing it would be lower.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I used my stock base and sliders on my 98 gsr with some sparco seats. I sit way lower then my stock seats. Im 6' so i was always really close to the roof and if i hit a hard bump i would hit my head sometimes. Now i got like a 1' of clearance. I really cant answer for the sparco base and sliders. But with my stock sliders and a piece of sheetmetal to center the seat on. I have no problems.

Sal

·
Registered
200 Posts
once i installed my racing seat i was significantly lower than before, and i believe most of them do that. my friend also has bride and sits way lower than stock. with bride sliders, there are 3 levels to choose from to mount the seat.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
if you order the new sparco seat bases they should sit a little lower then stock. the wedge brackets are known to sit the seat higher up when using a aftermarket race seat. as for the bride brackets, they have a normal set and a super low down version that is almost flush with the floor pan

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
i ordered the cobra monacos and their seat brackets are all custom...on mine, i can adjust the height to whatever height i want by unbolting the bolts, lower or raise to the desired height, and put the bolts back in...easy as pie...i guess it all depends on who makes the seat and if the brackets give you those options...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts