Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im just a begginer racer. I was wondering what rpm do you race at, and how do you get a fast take off? do you rev first? then release the cluitch and how logn would you keep it in first gear before switching? and is it bad to down shift from 4th to 3rd?

·
Registered
324 Posts
WELL IM NOT REQALLY MUCH OF A RACE3R BUT YU CAN USUALLY FEEL WHEN TO SHFT THROUGH YOUR POWER BAND AND THE oNLY WAY TO TELL WHEN TO LAUNCH AND WHAT RPM'S IS TO GO OUT AND TRY YOUR SELF BUT LAUNCHED AT 2500 OR 3000RPMS

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
if you want to go fast in a straight line, DRAG race, first off keep it on the track, and on the track you wont need to downshift, downshifting is ok, as long as you dont go too low a gear, where the RPMs will exceed the redline for your car (about 7k for an LS, and 8k for a GSR)

for DRAG techniques, since we have front wheel drive cars, I would not recommend going over 3k RPM during a launch, with slight feathering of the clutch until you have traction. If you drop the clutch entirely you will lose traction instantly.

This is assuming you have a stock or mild setup.

without any electronic traction control on street legal tires.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
mportracer33 on Jan/22/06 said:
launch at 9 grand and you'll be straight...

useless reply

Quote: NSX-SBLuEDC4 on Jan/22/06 WELL IM NOT REQALLY MUCH OF A RACE3R BUT YU CAN USUALLY FEEL WHEN TO SHFT THROUGH YOUR POWER BAND AND THE oNLY WAY TO TELL WHEN TO LAUNCH AND WHAT RPM'S IS TO GO OUT AND TRY YOUR SELF BUT LAUNCHED AT 2500 OR 3000RPMS
please try to type in a way so that people can understand you, and using all caps is not helping either.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
for drag: rev to 4 or 5K and drop the clutch. shift at 6K... 7K if you have the balls.

for autocross: redline first and you shouldnt get out of 2nd after that... unless you are on some kind of straight-away.

and when driving about 65 on the freeway and the punk next to you wants to run, downshift to 3rd and leave his ass. 3rd gear at about 65 isnt going to hurt you.

and downshifting from one gear to the one below it is usually not bad... unless your going like 140 in 5th. dont downshift then. lol

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how about of the line when yoru at the full stop do you rev to 3.5 rpm while still ont he clutch then do you just release or do you do the "balancing" of the gas and the clutch first?

·
Registered
170 Posts
mportracer33 on Jan/22/06 said:
launch at 9 grand and you'll be straight...

hahahahahaha....straight alright, straight into finding a new motor and tranny

you obviously have no idea how to drive your car, so don't even bother going on the track, for your own sake...and your cars

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hes tlakin about that guy that launches at 9 rpms hmmmmmmm how many rps do you people launch at like do you rev a llot of before you release the clutch for a clean fast take off?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i was racing my friends civic, and my friends el and yeah i though ti could smoke them but on the take off we all burned out luckily hahaha but im took the lead of the start whiel in 2nd i was still in the lead i switched to 3rd and suddenly the civic and the el boosted in front of me i was like what the hell did i do wrong so i just gave up but i know my friend was red lining the el and his v tec kicked in.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah thats its the 1.6 el i dont even know why they made that car but yeah why did they beat me? is it cause is witched to early when i should of kept giving it i think i switched at like 4 k

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
The 1.6EL has 127 hp and weighs just over 2400 lbs. 0-60 in 8.7 sec. Pretty close to a stock LS, but less power.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.