Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question about what rim/tire setup i should use at the track. I have a 95 GSR with intake header and exhaust. i have 2 sets of rims and tires. First pair are toyo stectrum touring radials, p185/65/14 they are mounted on civic stealies. I also have Wanli S-1099 215/40/17 mounted on ADR cypher 17's. any input would be greatly apriciated.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
meconfu5ed on Feb/07/04 said:
17= low profile tires= lower traction. run the steelies.
You sure about that? You think the width of the tire dosen't matter? How does low profile mean low traction? Those steelies are not very light. I would run 17s on the front, and steelies on the back. But that's just my opinion though. Or do a bunch of runs with all possible combinations.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Width and size effect traction the most. Aspect ratio, (IE profile) will effect stiffness somewhat (smaller sidewall etc), but it's less important.

IE, the 17's will have a much bigger contant patch than those civic steelies. Not only are they smaller, but they have a crappy width.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
If you want to get sick...run the 65 series touring tires. The 215 40 17's will absolutely be faster. And they will grip better. 215 or 185 ??? no question about it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
jojo on Feb/07/04 said:
If you want to get sick...run the 65 series touring tires. The 215 40 17's will absolutely be faster. And they will grip better. 215 or 185 ??? no question about it.
The tire itself of course plays a huge part in traction. The toyo potenzas I had on the steelies were essentially the same size tire as the kumhos I got on the blades you sold me, but the kumhos are ridiculously more competent (in part due to the fact I run them at 35lbs as opposed to 30 in the potenzas).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts