Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals,

Ok, I just got back from the bodyshop... (a very good/reputable one too) I showed him the bodykit (ww w-type) and asked how much it would cost to get it painted and installed. He quoted me $700! I also asked him how much it would cost to have the side-moldings removed and he said it wasn't worth it and quoted me $1,500! Does any of these quotes seem unreasonably high to anyone else? I might just install the kit myself. I really wanted to have my side-moldings and emblems shaved too! I wish I owned a bodyshop...
I'm gonna go cry a bit. (jk)
-Ep

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Bodyshop's are so use to taking advantage of people who are getting insurance work done they don't even bother with punks like you and me. And if they do, they charge a freaking premium - funk 'em.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, $700 to have the kit painted and installed. That's more than I paid for the kit!! It's not the kit quote that bothered me as much as the shaving of the side-moldings. I mean $1500? He said he would have to repaint the whole door. Is that true? The same goes along with the emblems, he would have to repaint the whole front and rear end. I mean, come on people, it's 2002, you can't tell me they don't have to "technology" to paint just the parts that need it!!
-Ep

·
Registered
154 Posts
yeah, $1500 sounds around the price to shave the moldings...when i wanted my moldings shaved they qouted me $500 per side plus another $500 to blend the color...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already have the kit, unpainted. Got it from a groupbuy. I wish I lived out by you 95integra, that's a good deal! Was the quality good?
I guess I'll just have to deal with them for a little longer, as I can't afford $1500 to take them off right now. Same with the emblems. Oh well... thanks guys for responding about the quote. I'm glad they're not trying to TOTALLY rip me off, in fact, their quote seems pretty much on par with everyone else's.
-Ep

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Man i had a guy quote me to repaint my front lip for 450!!! I got rear ended and i figured well while its in the shop ill ask him to repaint my front cuz of a few chips. I was like OMG!! Then he said that it is about 400 for each quarter panel on the car. So i figured like 1600 to do the whole car. Well it seems that my car has 13 or 14 quarter panels!!!!! like 7000 for the whole car. f**k HIM

·
Registered
400 Posts
they said its not worth it? hahaha...sounds like a shop conning you not to get it done, because they're too lazy to do it...they prolly dont realize our integras only need the holes filled it, not a whole cavity like the civics...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thats a grip. I havea a guy out here that was going to paint my whole car for 600 bucks. And it was being done at a body shop not someone house. Where in ther heck do you guys go for prices.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I'm going to check out some more places tomorrow. Ugh. I hate this part about purchasing/servicing stuff. I hate goign from one place to another trying to get the lowest quote. Ok, there's 2 maybe 3 more shops in my town I'll get a quote from. I'll let you guys know what they say.
Thanks again
Ep

·
Registered
33 Posts
you guys think those prices are bad, you should live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I deal with several bodyshops through my daily work and the best price I could get to do my sons 1990 GS was $3000 Canadian(about $2000 US), then I had to buy the body kit($1200 to $1500 Canadian) on top of that. This was for a complete strip down for painting, all glass, mouldings, handles, etc would be taken off.

·
Registered
301 Posts
dang it sucks for 2drs when you wanna shave the moldings. you gotta shave and paint the one on the quarterpanel too. on 4drs you only have to paint the doors which is cheaper and easier. lucky i have a 4dr

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hay EP. look for a shop that has a computer matcher. instead of them just ordering the paint from the paint code. this might bring the cost down a little bit.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think they do have one. He says he doesn't have to order the paint; that he "makes" the paint there...
-Ep

·
Registered
131 Posts
before you guys go saying that those quotes suck, maybee you should take a few min to watch someone doing body work, or try it yourself. It's fu*&ing sh*tty work to do. IT's a messy filthy hard ass job to do it right.
these quotes your getting are not really bad at all.
bybee your freinds will hook you up and do it cheaper,if you have any who work for body shops, thats the way i would do it too, givin that option. But I have done this work beffore, my father has done it for over 30 years.
IT's really stressfull work. and when those guys say they have to repaint the whole door and custom blend the paint there not shi*&ing you. it's true and IF you have ever seen this done you would understand why they charge so much. So any way sorry to go off like this but I thought i would let you guys know that those prices are not bad for a normal shop of good quality.
but some advise to you guys would be to look around for smaller body shops in your area. Like family owned ones or something because they are looking out for guys like us who don't whant to spend three or four paychecks on this kind of work. But don't forget to check out there work and make sure that they are very good at what they do. Trust me you might be supprised, and it will be worth the shopping around. Good luck to all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts