Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get the yellow teflon tape that u are supposed to use for the fuel system of your car. i have been to pep boys advance auto parts and o'reilly's and none of them had it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Do you have a pic of what it looks like? We use translucent yellow teflon tape at work to protect the edges of glass from chipping. Not sure if it's the same thing though. I could check the material specs tomorrow if I remember (or if we even have the specs available).

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
97integms on Feb/09/04 said:
i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get the yellow teflon tape that u are supposed to use for the fuel system of your car. i have been to pep boys advance auto parts and o'reilly's and none of them had it.
You can get it at home improvent warehouses, lowes, home depot, mccoys, whatever. They use them on black iron for the natural gas line installs.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
As for teflon, my dad gets liquid teflon, "Loctite" I believe, high temp stuff from work. Haven't had a chance to use it on anything yet.

·
Registered
254 Posts
hpracing007 on Feb/09/04 said:
As for teflon, my dad gets liquid teflon, "Loctite" I believe, high temp stuff from work. Haven't had a chance to use it on anything yet.
Loctite is a brand name. They have various products the most common of which is a thread sealant to prevent screws/bolts from coming loose (i.e. why it's called "Loctite"). I'm not aware of a "liquid teflon" though but then again we only use a few types of Loctite at work.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts