Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just looking for some clarification on this topic. I have a turbocharged Integra and I did not reroute my wastegate exhaust gases back into the piping, they simply just get dumped into the engine bay. Is this terribly bad for the car or not? If so, how bad?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
well, the exhaust gasses could get sucked into your intake and put back into your engine. it will also make your bay really dirty. if your not going to run in into the exhaust run it out the side of the fender. that way yuo will have no risk of getting exhaust gasses put back into your motor

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Christ, you cant just dump into the engine bay dude, thats ridiculous.

Either have an exhaust shop fab up a dump tube that at least takes it down below the car, or ideally merge it into the exhaust about a foot after the turbo.

Not only are you going to poisen youreself (HVAC draws air from inside the engine bay) with carbon monoxide, but you're engine bay is going to be filthy very soon.

The biggest problem is heat. Turbo EGT's are ridiculously high, we're talking 1,200 degrees and higher at least. Shooting 1,200 degree poisnous gasses at high velocity into an engine bay filled with plastic, rubber, and other sensitive pieces combined with the fact thats where you're HVAC gets its air, is pretty dumb...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just have mine dumping into the engine bay, I havent had any problems with melting plastic, or smelling exhaust. Its kinda loud and sounds crapy when the wastegate opens up though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts