Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick question, i ordered the civic type R gunmetal shiftknob off of ebay (dark grey with red lettering)and although it fits my shifter, the letters are facing the wrong direction...anyone know how to fix this?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh um...when i look at the shift knob it should have
1 3 5
|-|-|
2 4 R
facing toward me, but instead it has
that upside down, if that makes any sense...

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
So basicly it needs to turn one half revolution?

Try stuffing alittle bit of tissue or electric tape into the hole of the shift knob. It shoudl give it alittle more play when you are tightening it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
try screwing it on again, it should have two runners/grooves per revolution, it should fit just get it on the opposite runners

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've tried like 8 times...rotating it a bit different each time...i've got a polished short shifter, that probably has something to do with it..although my stock leather GSR knob fit just fine and faced the correct position when fully tightned

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah it did...and this is going to sound really stupid but how extactly do you use that bolt? i just screwed it on all the way down to the bottom of the thread to keep my shift boot from falling.. how do you use it to keep the lettering facing the correct direction

·
Registered
90 Posts
yeah,i had the same problem with my type r shift knob, jus put the nut there. i have a quick question, while were on the topic of talking about shift knobs... i have a DC sport short shifter, and i was wondering how can i keep the shift boot up, because the stock boot stops like a few inches under the knob, and theres this gap between the knob and boot, and i was wondering what can you do to keep the boot up, because the neck of the shifter isn't as wide as the stock one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanx GSR guy... and GSRboy, i'm having the same problem as you with that shiftboot staying up on my shortshifter.i was think about wrapping some masking tape around the shifter under the shiftboot that, that part of the shifter would be too wide for the shiftboot to slide down it. in theory that should work...oh well i'll find out tommrow. then i'll post pics

·
Registered
662 Posts
wrap your shifter (where you want the boot to stay) with black electrical tape...keep going till you have a ball of tape around the shifter a bit bigger then the opening of the boot..now squeeze the boot over the ball of tape and it should stay...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts