Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a dealership release information to a prior owner if the car was purchased by the previous owner from that particular dealership...i want to find out the maintanence history of my integra. as i am the second owner and want to know what services were performed on the car prior to me purchasing it for reference to what else i need to have done...i.e. timing belt,waterpump etc...any information would be great.im sure there a few people that work at dealerships on the board...thanks

·
Registered
878 Posts
when i bought mine they gave me the phone # to the previuos owner.. thats about as far as i got, and i would say anything over 80k at the most change the belt and pump neways!! never can be too safe right??

·
Registered
208 Posts
i asked for the service history of mine and they printed it off for me - everything that was done to the car including PDI

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PDI? and thats why im trying to find out if the timing belt was done before i spend unneccesary money on it..when that can go into mods instead of maintenance...

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
s98d7fs on Feb/24/04 said:
well, dont ever sacrifice maintainence for mods, in the long run the former will do more for you than the latter.
im aware of that but like i said why take the car in to get a timing belt and water pump,if the previous owner had it done already...i purchased the car with 86,xxx miles and now i have 106,xxx...its possible it was done already...besides the history report will tell me everything that was done on the car...thanks fellas..

·
Registered
228 Posts
when i bought mine the dealership did all the required maintence for the milage on the car.. tb water pump new brakes and tires even though they weren't needed...
maybe i just got lucky

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i would say u did get lucky...well my car was a trade in at a private lot so i didnt get it from the acura dealership but as well as the cars runs i can only imagine the previous ownwer took great care of the car...and i want to know how well he kept up with the car..it had all the previous owners acura dealership info in the glove box...hence stock radio code,alarm functions,etc..no history paper though..i need that..

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Umm... that might be a privacy issue? I don't know.

Well this is my situation, my car was a fleet car for acura and they sold my car as a certified pre-owned. I bought the car and a year later I was like, I wonder if they will do that for me? I called, they mailed me like a stack of documents.

I don't know about private owner though, they might do it.

You sure see some interesting stuff, like my cars been towed once haha.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Its a privacy issue where I live. The DMV won't tell you who owned it, but they will tell you how many owners the car has been through.

As for a service record, I don't really know. If all the service has been done at that particular dealer, I'm sure they probably can print it up for you somehow. But if all the service was done by the owner, I don't see how you can get that?

Your best bet is to give it a try.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
I would run a carfax and see where the car was originally purchased and call that dealer and ask them what they can tell you about the car. If you already know the dealer then you may not have to run the carfax. Although its not a bad idea to find the cars history.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
while i was at work i just had my mom call the acura dealership and they told her all that had been done to the car before i bought it....i got it at 92k and at 86 had the 90k miles service and the tb changed...and at 75 had front brakes totally serviced and replaced...needless to say was very happy...cuz i was about to go on a pretty long road trip....i called the acura dealership that was on a sticker in the car...luckly for me the car had been in this area for atleast the past 8 years, maybe since 94....

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i ran a carfax on it when i first got it....
clean history there...
the car was bought from wayne acura,as to the previous owner leaving a business card in the car from that dealership and factory radio code etc...i"ll try giving them a call later on today when my boss isnt up my arse...thanks

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok well i just called the acura dealership were the car was purchased and they said that the car has never had any maintenance performed there at there shop...i think there full of crap because before anything he said that the history can not be given to me with out the previous owners consent...what the previous owner has to do with that i dont know but its not like i want his name or address just tell me about the damn car...but mind u he goes" for a minimal fee we can go over the car for you to determine what maitenance it needs" i was like im sure u will,thank you goodbye...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts