Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to use claybar on my car, i was wonder does the clay bar take off the old wax or would i have to use something else first before using the clay bar?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
A clay bar will remove your wax. Many suggest using a clay bar right after washing (no drying), that way it goeson a bit easier. Make sure to apply a good wax afterwards though.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I just clayed my wife's Accord yesterday. If the clay was to pick up all the wax that was on that car then I think I would have started to notice it on my clay. I have my doubts about it being able to remove all wax. I didn't do a Dawn wash on it because I was just going to start out with a base coat of Klasse anyway. Klasse will definatly take off all the wax and the layer of Platinum underneath it. If you don't have any Klasse and you just want to make sure that all the wax comes off, then wash your car with Dawn dishwashing liquid. It will break down the waxes and sealants on your car in short order. Its a safe procedure as long as you don't do it 3 times a month or something. 3 or 4 times a year isn't going to hurt your car at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts