Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to send my ls block to be sleeved by golden eagle, the shop quoted me at 1300 for 84mm sleeves and align boring the mains.... i have a set of gsr mains and girdle but the guy said he never heard of gsr girdle on an ls block? my question is should i use my main caps with the girdle or isnt it easier to just bolt up the gsr main caps since they came with the girdle?? and does any one know if darton sleeves would be around the same or more? are the golden eagle sleeves good enough for running 25-30lbs? bored at 84mm

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
Personally, I'd go with the Golden Eagle sleeves.

Why are you align boring the mains? Is it b/c you're trying to use the GSR mains? Do you have different mains than the ones that were originally with the block? If you're using the same mains and they're not all scored up, I don't see boring the mains as a necessity....honing maybe.

A lot of people bolt up GSR girdles to their LS blocks. I'm not sure as to the effectiveness of this....but a lot of people do it.There are also aftermarket girdles you can buy, but there is a lot of machine work required to fit them properly.

Honestly....I really don't see the point. As I understand it, the girdle is to stabilize the block for higher RPM. If you're boosting that kind of psi, you're not going to need to rev the piss out of the engine. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i already have the gsr mains and main caps i have the ls mains too but the gsr are dowel for the girdle and the ls are not so i wanted to use the gsr main. but i need to know if gsr main bearings and ls main bearings are also similar? they should be since people swap them all the time. im using the gsr girdle for reliability at high rpms i know the ls block is not made for reving too high so keeping the vibrations stable at higher rpms should help the motor and oil pump last longer since vibrations can shatter the oil pump.....

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also for anybody that has sleeve and is running boost what piston to wall clearance should i run .0035 or .0040 since im going turbo? and is 1300 a good quote including shipping sine golden eagle quoted me 850 for sleeves and 250 for alighboring and 60 for bead blasting. should i look into any other place before i sleeve and should i go straigh to GE or just go to the shop which is on GE's page of distributors?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.