Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I really haven't posted much recently but I check up on the site every so often. School has been damn busy and boy oh boy chemistry is killing me right now. But anyway, to my question. My Teg is back in El Paso still but my Mom is trying to fix the tinting on the back window. She can get it done, but for some reason I'm going to lose my defroster when it gets fixed. What's the deal with this? Supposely he changes the tint and has to take off the orange stripping that can't be replaced. Is this true or not? If it isn't, then where do I find someone who can do this correctly? I was thinking the dealer but we haven't asked them due to the cost. Well that's my question, hope you guys can fill me in on this. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
ive never heard of having to lose the defroster when you tint the back glass. i didnt lose mine and i dont know anyone that has i think you should try and find someone else to do it

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you remove the old tint wrong you can lose your rear defroster. There is a way to properly remove the rear tint and NOT lose the defroster. Check www.tintdude.com, they show how its dont. Peace

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just got my tint done a couple of days ago and the guy that did it told me the same thing. Sometimes tinting is not put on properly and when it comes time to take it off, it just wont, hehe. If you have doubts, then just look a while longer and find someone who can at least give you some possiblity that they can save the defroster.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So mixed opinion over here. I'm going to find out what is going on when I go back down to El Paso, but do you guys think the dealer can do this correctly?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts