Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a favor, I need a couple people with rear strut tower braces to measure the distance straight down to the floor, and the distance straight over to the seat. Im building a sub box and I want to make sure that I can fit it when I get my strut tower brace, I was hoping to have the box be under the bar or between the seat and the bar, its going to be a small box so hopefully this will work thank you!

Steve

·
Registered
445 Posts
I am at work right now so I can't go measure it, but you really don't have a lot of room to work with. I ended up just taking mine out when I made my custom system.

·
Registered
445 Posts
There are other options for the rear if you are really serious about stablizing the rear. You could do a lower bar, or a trunk brace like in the type r. But if you are putting a system in your trunk, I assume that you won't be road racing or anything. But if you were, an aftermarket set of struts/springs would be your best bet for handling.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Also, you could always just take the amp and sub out and put in the rear upper strut bar for when you go to the track. You aren't going to want the extra weight of the system in the car when you are racing anyway.

·
Registered
34 Posts
or even better yet... do whatever you want, and if the bar doesn't fit, just make a spacer, and raise it. There is plenty of thread space from the strut bolts to go higher.... more than an inch.

Z

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I read something once that side Nuespeed(I think it was this compony) does not make a rear stut tower bar b/c in there test it really did not impover handling.

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
cluelessmale on Feb/11/04 said:
I read something once that side Nuespeed(I think it was this compony) does not make a rear stut tower bar b/c in there test it really did not impover handling.
True, i hardly notice any improvement from it... the best bar i ever installed wais the Lower Tie Bar (custom made by Ben Ogle @ g2ic.com too), front upper strut did some improvement too, made your steering respond a little faster. If lower tie bar gives a 10, then upper front gives a 5, and upper rear probably gives a 2... IMO

·
Registered
84 Posts
I can give you numbers on mine but I have a 4 door. Let me know if you still want the measurements. With the 4dr, I was lucky to get 2 amps bolted to the back seat w/o hitting the rear strut tower bar. It ended up being less than 1/2 inch of space but the 2dr may give you more.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
What kind of bar did you get in your 4 door? I've been thinking about getting one that looks like my front ITR strut bar. Did you have to cut through that stuff on the side to much? I'd definitely like to see a picture of it if you've got one.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Does the Type R have it? I didn't think the Type R had a rear strut bar. If it did then the only ones I can find are JDM ones that aren't in the US version. The ones I find on ebay are most definitely just copies. To get a true JDM rear Type R strut bar costs like 200 bucks. If they really did come on the Type R then you'd think there would be more of them out there on the market.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
That would create problems with the effectiveness of the box. You wouldn't suggest he bend the bar to fit around the box, would you? That would compromise the effectiveness of the bar. You don't need a piece of metal running through a sub. That would sound terrible.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
yeah I did just mean the JDM one Anthony, but we get jipped in the U.S. all the time on stuff, so it's no surprise that it only came with one in Japan, but I mean what's the difference, They obviously kept it on in Japan for a reason, and Honda Engineers are no dummies so it makes me wonder all these people saying that the rear bars do nothing but the type R had one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts