Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gathering products and knowledge to do a thorough detailing of my ssbp teg. I have read the articles by styleteg (all about klasse, 4 step detailing, etc). I have also searched but didnt find an answer. My question is: on my car I have a couple of door dings that are small dents with paint from the other car that rubbed off. How would I remove this "extra" paint? I would presume that I would use a rubbing compound like 3m finesse it, or something like that listed in the articles. Also, my car has some very light silver/gray pinstripes that are painted on, not the sticker type. Is there any chance of removing those without ruining the finish? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Beau.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Try a clay bar, that's what most people would do, I don't have any experience with it though.

The pinstrip, if it's painted on, I don't know how to take it off without hurting your paint.

·
Registered
807 Posts
you could get that paint rubbed off by trying to go to a body shop....i had paint on the side of my car, and they got it off for free with some sort of rubbing compound

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
mikey51 on Mar/04/04 said:
you could get that paint rubbed off by trying to go to a body shop....i had paint on the side of my car, and they got it off for free with some sort of rubbing compound
That'd work if the pinstripe was on top of the clear coat layer. If it's not, I think the only way to get rid of it is a repaint.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the pinstripes are on top of the clearcoat. I can live with the pinstripes, but not the other paint on the dings.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I can tell you for a fact that something like GS27 or ScratchX will work on it. I just did a car tonight where I had to use that product to remove door paint swapping. You can get ScratchX at any Checker or AutoZone or PepBoys. It works like a charm and it doesn't require a machine. Its the only thing I really use ScratchX for. It works great on removing paint swapping.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Jngrbrdman on Mar/05/04 said:
I can tell you for a fact that something like GS27 or ScratchX will work on it. I just did a car tonight where I had to use that product to remove door paint swapping. You can get ScratchX at any Checker or AutoZone or PepBoys. It works like a charm and it doesn't require a machine. Its the only thing I really use ScratchX for. It works great on removing paint swapping.
It's a shame my friend didn't tell me about his "paint swap" incident. I could of told him about Scratch X. He ended up using paint thinner and now has a small piece of his car that doesn't have the green pearl like the rest of the car. Tsk tsk!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts