Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and by stock i mean no engine mods. I have nothing done to my car (im still on my stock tires even,see pics below). However I am going to strip my car down to the bone for friday night. Forcast is about 50 degs (low of 44).

Anyone think i can do it? any suggestions hints are welcome also.

Should i put the top of the air filter box thing back on for the runs?

PICS:
My engine set up for friday (LOL look at the stockness of it)

These babys HUG the ground like no other (so not at all)

Thanks
Jack

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Set your tire pressure down to 20-22 psi. (for the track only)
Practice your launches.
And like you said shave weight. (there are tons of weight shaving threads here....just look around and see what everyone has removed)
Advance your timing.

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have taken almost everything out b4 so thats not a problem. how would i go about advancing my timing (ill do a search too ;)

could i go lower than 20psi on the tires? say 15psi? or is that to low...*remembers StyleTEGs horrid pics*
lol j/k style

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
hey jack put your cover back on the air filter, don't want that hot stuff in there...what track ya going to?....um empty out your change drawer...o yeah when you put everything back on don't leave tools in the engine bay...well since you we're so close to 16.0 last time and this damn michigan weather is insane i say you will hit the 16 maybe even lower if your 60 time is a tad lower then last time...i say go to 20 psi...good luck jack and tell me what happens.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
98integraLs on Sep/25/02 said:
i have taken almost everything out b4 so thats not a problem. how would i go about advancing my timing (ill do a search too ;)
there's an article detailing the whole process in the articles section.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I think you can do it, if I remember correctly your best time last was 16.1 with a 2.4 60' time. Supposidly, a 2.2 is obtainable on a stock LS, so that should put you into the high 15's!

·
Registered
36 Posts
15.9 94 2 door ls.. but i have a aem cold air intake. usually when i run at the track.. i hit 2.2 0-60 foot so i know its possible.

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
98integraLs on Sep/25/02i have taken almost everything out b4 so thats not a problem. how would i go about advancing my timing (ill do a search too ;) said:
there's an article detailing the whole process in the articles section.
dont worry, i know how do do it cause i do it every time i go to the strip/autox. thanks for the info tho

·
Registered
21 Posts
yeah it is not hard a friend of mine did a 15.8 with a stock ls you got some chamber prombles though might though you off the inside of your tire is wearing away

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what pic are you looking at? my car is at stock ride hight and the tires are properly inflated. plus i dont see any uneven wear on them.

and Matt, its gonna be friday :)

im takin out the passanger seat too, i dont wanna leave all this crap laying out anyone(MI guys) got any ideas as to where i can put it while we run?

Jack

1 - 12 of 12 Posts