Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, i figured out the answer to this question, the molding and window are one piece and inseperable but i have another question now..since they are scratched deeply what can i do to fix it besides forever black or back to black. is sanding them down then buffing them out acceptable..anyone done this and how did it turn out, what #grit did you use etc. i see where people talk of sanding but no feedback on how it turned out..thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
i had serious damage to mine, crap all over them that wasw only removable by sanding. forever black didnt work, so i went to Trim Paint. Basically it is just a black paint that is essentially a mix between a satin finish and anodized finish. I sanded the crap off of the trim with like 200 grit and moved to finer paaper unitl i was ready for paint. i masked the side of the car off and painted...it came out pretty good, it looks a hell uva lot better than it did before, and was really my only option, since forever black didnt work, and back to black is all but useless...

the product was Dupli-Color Trim Paint, i got it at AutoZone

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks alot bro, i believe that will be my only recourse.
i will let everyone know how it comes out in a week or so after i get my car re-sprayed . later-

·
Registered
72 Posts
All trim is replaceable, I dont know of any trim you cant replace by itself. You may have to remove the window to do it and put it back in, but you can replace the trim. If you are having a body shop repaint your car, an they havent remove the windows to paint the car, then they must be a bunch of morons. You cannot correctly paint a car with the windows/trim rings still in the car!!! Id find another body shop QUICK.

·
Registered
175 Posts
RamThis on Feb/29/04 said:
All trim is replaceable, I dont know of any trim you cant replace by itself. You may have to remove the window to do it and put it back in, but you can replace the trim. If you are having a body shop repaint your car, an they havent remove the windows to paint the car, then they must be a bunch of morons. You cannot correctly paint a car with the windows/trim rings still in the car!!! Id find another body shop QUICK.
yea I got my quarter window replaced and the window comes with the trim molded right on it. So i don't think it's an issue of whether or not he can remove the trim. just if he can replace just the trim without replacing the window and i'm pretty sure the answer is no.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
RamThis on Mar/01/04 said:
If you are having a body shop repaint your car, and they haven't removed the windows to paint the car, then they must be a bunch of morons. You cannot correctly paint a car with the windows/trim rings still in the car!!! Id find another body shop QUICK.
I can't agree with you more. Don't let them just tape it off!

Anyway, about the molding, I've also heard from several sources that the rear 1/4 panel glass is in fact a 1-piece WITH the molding.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'll let you guys know how it comes out if i do decide to sand them which i believe i am going to. i will know more in a few days, i'm getting estimates of about 3-3500 just to respray the car so more than likely i'll be colorsanding and polishing it this weekend with the help of a few guys who used to paint and sanding the mouldings ..then seeing how it looks and if i can settle for it. thanks alot fellaz, peace

·
Registered
72 Posts
weldsintegra on Mar/01/04 said:
yea I got my quarter window replaced and the window comes with the trim molded right on it. So i don't think it's an issue of whether or not he can remove the trim. just if he can replace just the trim without replacing the window and i'm pretty sure the answer is no.
Well I'll be damned. Ive never seen glass trim thats not replaceable. What a scam by Honda lol. I stand corrected then......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts