Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used a quaife LSD before? I have a 94 gsr with a turbo setup and was wondering if it was worth the money to help get some better traction.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
worth every pennie!!!! I just had one installed in my LS and love it, both wheels spinning when i drop it, grabs real nice, cant even tell its there doing it job

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a quaife sitting in my room right now. When I shake mine it sounds like something is inside going up and down on a sleeve. Is that normal?
Also anyone have instructions on these things and everything I need to install this? Also does the gasket caulk used for the tranny case work for the jrsc blower to manifold?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I had one installed in my previous car... an SHO.. best mod you can do.... expensive, but it's bulletproof with a lifetime warranty even when used in racing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That noise you hear when you shake it is called gear lash. Lash is a small amount of space they leave inbetween two meshed gears. If they didnt leave that little bit of space inbetween the teeth of the meshing gears, it would create a lot of heat and friction causing they to break. It is completely normal.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
$1 would be a good price for a brand new one

ok in all seriousness, if you could find one for $750 thats a deal right there...i havent seen em go for any cheaper than $800, usually people charge 850+

good luck finding one, i love mine!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts