Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into getting an lsd, i went to the track for the first time a couple days ago and hte one wheel spinning while the other one sat there annoyed the crap out of me. I heard the quaifes are good, plus they ahve the lifetime warranty on them too.

Basically my question is are these direct bolt-on's for a gsr tranny?
My engine is pretty much stock for now, I don't really plan on doing anything else for about a year but in a year i'm probably going to go pretty big all motor so should i just not worry about the lsd right now?(i'm still going to be going to the track on a fairly regular basis)
And would i need a new clutch when i got this installed the lsd or would the stock clutch work alright?

I did a search on these and these were pretty much the questions i got after reading all those. Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i was just wondering about the clutch because i only have about 13,000 miles on the clutch and it would be sort of a waste i think right now with basically the stock torque/hp numbers. I thought of one more question too...how much would i be looking at for the installation, and where would i take it. Could any reputable transmission shop put it in?Acura/honda dealer?or would a good performance shop be my best bet? I would do it myself but i haven't worked with transmissions that much

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm in the middle of replacing my LSD right now, and its not terribly hard. You'll probably want to preorder the axle seals, tie-rod end boots, and the three crush washers on the tranny (two for set screws, and one for the backup light switch). You won't be able to preorder the 79.5mm shim because there's about twenty of them in different thicknesses, all sold seperately. You take a special socket (thankfully my shop has one I can borrow, otherwise you'd have to go through the dealership) and check the torque on the differential. You then buy the shim that will bring the torque into standard, using a table in the factory service manual. Not a huge deal... but if you're unsure, it might be worth taking in.

Here's some pictures:
Differential Swap

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
just curious, what did you run? you might just be launching too hard. i've been launching at about 2500-3000 and i just ran a 15.112 with my 95 GSR. i agree, the LSD would be a good idea, but you might wanna go mess around at the track some more it took me a good 2-3 times of going before i figured everything out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts