Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive probably about 30 min home from work stop and go. My car will start out pretty strong, but by the time i'm almost home the car is feeling a bit sluggish. Damn traffic. Any suggestions on what it could be?

·
Registered
770 Posts
your car could just be heating up over the 30 minutes of stop and go driving. If the car gets really warm you will most likely see a decrease in performance.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Right after being stuck in traffic you're car will always tend to feel less strong, as after sitting in the sun with the motor running, everything in you're engine bay gets heat soaked to death. Intake manifold, intake hose, filter box, everything. After driving at speed for awhile it should improve again though.

This is why I reccomend to turbo guys, especially those without real solid fuel management (FMU, AFC etc.) you rig youreself some kind of IC water spray (can be done for pennies on the dollar if you're willing to loose rear window washer, more if you buy a kit), as theres a good chance that if you get stuck in stop and go traffic on a really hot day, you'll ping a little if you go into boost before you've given the IC a little time to cool of.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
P.S. if anyone wants to make themself a cheapo IC sprayer it's really easy. Go to home depot, find where they have the mini-garden sprinkler stuff (you know, those little black sprinklers people put in flowerbeds and such), get a little hose, some connectors, a couple fan spray heads, and some zip ties. Then just severe you're rear window washer line and plug you're watering hose onto it with a hose splice, then just use you're imagination with the stuff you bought. The windscreen washer fluid will probably dry blue on everything, so consider switching to water

1 - 5 of 5 Posts