Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my thought on a new project was to build a box but instead of it being a sealed box as described in the article, i thought that i might try and make it a poted band pass.. now my thought was to make custom ports that went through the rear deck.. i figured i would build a custom box that fit sug up to it and cut holes in the deck and make it all custom on that end.. I have seen this done on other cars but are there any drawbacks to this on an integra??and what would i use for dimensions on the ports??

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I had this setup in my last car. Not bandpass, but ported throught the rear deck. It sounded so f**kin nice and hit so damn hard. But one piece of advise, make sure you have some extra bucks and mucho patience. I built this setup 6 times before I got it to sound the way I wanted it to.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have 4 peices of mdf 4x6 im guessing that my friend bought for his explorer(so i got plenty of error room), and i changed my mind on the bandpass part now that i have drawn it out a few times..

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just the ported and try the subs either faceing regular way or mabie turned around the other way wichever sounds better.. if i can build the ports right.. hopefully someone has some info on that..

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no but never built nething with ports.. built a few sealed boxes.. on the other hand they were only singles but i couldnt imagine it being to much diffrent..

·
Registered
497 Posts
Good luck with the air space formulas, they are very tricky. If you are planning on using the rear deck you can expect the box to extend to the trunk floor. Even if it is only one sub. You mentioned something about turning the subs one way or the other I think you mean inverting them? that will play a part on the frequency the sub will put off as well so be aware that is not just for show. The box itself should be easy to make but it will be huge and too heavy for the hatch cover to support. Good luck and post pics of the finished product.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
integralove00 on Feb/25/04 said:
If you are planning on using the rear deck you can expect the box to extend to the trunk floor.
yeah i was gonna make the box all the way from the deck to the floor, and im hopeing to take pics of everything but all i have is a cam and scanner.. project starts on friday!!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright i got all the matriels described in the article, since no respone from the dimensions on the port q,( and im starting this tommarow morning) i measured some ports on my friends box and they came out to roughly 3 1/2" so im gonna guess that for mine too.. at least try it, only concern is drilling through the deck if its not the right size.. so i go one last chance for some advide and then im doing it neways.. ty in advance..

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Recommended Enclosures*
Sealed (c.f.)1
Vented SPL (c.f.)2.25
Round vent for 55 Hz (in.)6 x 8
Slot vent for 55 Hz (in.)4 x 6 x 7.5
Alternate slot vent for 55 Hz (in.)4 x 8 x 11.25
Vented Low Tuning (c.f.)2.25
Round vent for 38 Hz (in.)4 x 8.5
Slot vent for 38 Hz (in.) 3 x 6 x 15
Alternate slot vent for 38 Hz (in.)4 x 4 x 12

those are straight from the company but ask me to decipher those and im lost??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.