Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.. i just have a quick Q>.... what do u guys think about type r kit on a black 00' ls and u think its worth its money.. is it better then after maket body kit ... and do u guys know where can i get those type r kits
thx alot guys

tegs rule

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i have the lip on my LS - looks awesome. I like it because it is subtle yet it still looks sweet!
try ebay - tehy discontinued them so they are hard to come by - Comptech makles the front lip too.Comptech

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The Type R doesn't have a kit, just a front lip. The side skirts are just painted OEM rocker panels.

There is however the Acura optional ground effects kit, the only thing it shares in common with the Type R is the front lip. The sides and rear are different.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the same lip on my 00' integ LS i think it looks SweeT all my friends prefer it too i got my at dealer.. actualy i bought the showroom one with the kit and lowering springs on it and it had rims enkei rsf-2 i think.... but didnt get it cause 16inch ask AcurA dealership if any in stock... and if u hav BRA it wont fit anymore... GOOd luk

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Just get your factory skirts painted and get the ITR lip. Just make sure you've got some decent wheels on your car...for some reason the ITR lip draws attention to the wheel wells.

The dealer will have the ITR lip...it hasn't been discontinued because they'll need to make them for crash parts. The law states that car companies must make the parts for at least 10 years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone know where to get the Comptech lip at a good price (other than Ebay)? Or does Comptech set the prices?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Try calling WingsWest...to my surprise when I got my Comptech lip there was a wingswest logo on the lip. Comptech must outsource this part to wingswest to keep their production costs down.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i went to Acura - he said the aftermarket kit was discontinued - so i just bought a lip off of an actual type R.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yup all of Comptech's body accessories are made by Wings West. They may or may not sell to you though as they have an exclusive deal with Comptech on those parts but they sometimes make exceptions as they did for my Type R wing when I was there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So is the front air dam for the Wings West W-Typ kit the same as the Comptech Aerokit front air dam, and the OEM Type-R lip for that matter...? Or are they all slightly different?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Wings West kit is different than the oem front lip

Comptech aerokit = same as oem front lip

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yes, and OEM lip = Type R lip. What Wings West does for Comptech is exclusive to Comptech only, they do not publically sell these parts like their others kits.

·
Registered
586 Posts
so the only thing that sets the type r front bumper from my gsr bumper is the lip at the bottom?? Does this lip just bolt onto the bottom of my stock bumper??

·
Registered
124 Posts
in my opinion, the factory side rocker panels look exactly like the factory side skirts, except for the lil part at then end dat goes upward, and it doesn't look any lower then the rocker panels either, so its better to just go aftermarket side skirts.
dats what my frined did to his gsr, aftermarket side skirts, and then factory type r lip and rear skirt on the back bumper, looks slick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts