Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i know no here has it on there car because i dont so i figure i would take the time and do this project myself. y am i doing this? because ive notice its not that hard 2 get n our cars if u lock ur keys nside. the main purpose of this project is 2 slow down/ eliminate theif 2 our cars. if u guys had 2 "break n2 ur car" once n4 so u can get ur keys out, like i did, then u might want 2 check this out. ill have the how posted here n like 3-4 weeks. some of u r probably saying, "man thats a long time" but i have work and then school so itll take me sometime because i dont have a lot of it. hopefully this project of mine would b helpful here.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Hmm, well I can't say I entirely understood the first post, but... how about using a relay to disable the power lock swithces and power the relay with the alarm's armed output wire. So when the alarm is armed, the power locks won't work. The power lock actuators themselves would still work, so the alarm could unlock the doors, but the switches would be dead while the alarm is armed.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
kelly on Sep/20/02 said:
Here is another option.
this is wat I was going to post. I plan on doing it some time

·
Registered
400 Posts
how about u just disconnect the pwr lock/unlock switch from behind? and open it manually...thas what i do...and when u lock it manually...it pwr locks the other side too..and also if u have an alarm with a keyless entry, it'll still be functional...

·
Registered
713 Posts
dood there are so many other easy ways that thieves can get into your car. for example they can just get a screw driver and pull out the window far enough that a arm can reach in all the way and open the locks. my friend did that last weekend when i got locked out of my car.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Yeah, or they could just bust out a window. If they want in, they'll get in. I plan to have a suprise waiting for them... I'll have a loud interior siren, along with several bright strobes (like a camera's flash), that'll go nuts when someone gets inside the car while the alarm is armed. The idea is that the strobes will blind them so they can't see sh*t, the siren will make it pretty hard for them to think, and both will attract addition attention.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts