Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
i have 2.25 mandrel bent cat back exhaust with straight through type muffler and i currently dont have a resonator, and it really isnt that loud without it, its not even as loud as my friends teg with 4-2-1 dc header and dc cat back, i dont think it would be worth ur time to cut it out. but if u do cut it out u will have to weld it back in or could have flanger welded onto each end of ur pipe and turn it into a bolt in resonator. i plan to do this in the spring when i get a gsr.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
burton_rider on Feb/15/04 said:
i have 2.25 mandrel bent cat back exhaust with straight through type muffler and i currently dont have a resonator, and it really isnt that loud without it, its not even as loud as my friends teg with 4-2-1 dc header and dc cat back, i dont think it would be worth ur time to cut it out. but if u do cut it out u will have to weld it back in or could have flanger welded onto each end of ur pipe and turn it into a bolt in resonator. i plan to do this in the spring when i get a gsr.
Irrelevant, we're talking about the intake resonator.

You'll need to cut the intake resonator off, it is attached to the intake pipe. Why do you want to remove it? It's not going to do much, and once you cut it off, you'd have to buy another if you ever want to reinstall it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Feb/16/04 said:
Irrelevant, we're talking about the intake resonator.

You'll need to cut the intake resonator off, it is attached to the intake pipe. Why do you want to remove it? It's not going to do much, and once you cut it off, you'd have to buy another if you ever want to reinstall it.
No, It's not attached and you do not have to cut it. It all unbolts very easily. Just make sure you get EVERY bolt before you start yanking things out.

·
Registered
452 Posts
MIKEY i see u posting pics about everything thats soo easy!. lol dome light and now this!. okay all the things u asked for help could be done by yourself. just PLAY AROUND WITH YOUR CAR. it will like u more. and u will also learn a couple of things.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
mikey51 on Feb/15/04 said:
well, i know its not attatched and taking out is easy, but what about putting back in...has anyone actually put it back in, like when they sold their car?
Getting it out = extreme pain in the butt
Getting it back in = extreme pain in the butt

·
Registered
698 Posts
theGSRguy--My bad, I did'nt know they changed the intake resonator design in the later years. I'll rephrase: The 94 integra intake resonator unbolts easily.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I took one out for a 00 GSR. It's not that terribly difficult. Like they all say, just make sure you take off all the bolts or you'll be pulling and it won't be coming out and you'll just make your self look like a monkey. Honestly it doesn't make that much more noise. If you already have an exhaust or planning to get one you'll hardly notice the change. So on that note, you'll probably never put it back in, but if you were, just judge how hard it took you to take out and it'll be the same if not easier (since you know how things go). Good luck, make sure to take things off carefully.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.