Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post. Wohoo!

Anyway, I'm trying to stick blue LEDS into my dashboard/instrument panel/speedometer and make all the numbers and stuff glow blue. I've found some threads here on this site, but none that tells me exactly which types of LED bulbs I need to replace the ones I have. I tried to get this info from another Acura Forum site, but they couldn't help me. Here are some pictures to show what it is that I need.

Here are my stock smaller bulbs. The ones there are many of.

Here's the stock one, together with a LED I was told would fit and be able to replace the black one. Obviously, it doesn't.

And last one, this is a picture of my stock main bulbs, the ones there are 3 of behind the speedometer.

What type of LEDs do I need to replace the small black one, and the bigger (kinda blue'ish) one? Anyone know where to get them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Someone from a different site said I could try to put the little blue one I ordered into the larger black (with blue cover) bulb. I'm not at home right now, anyone know if the blue top comes off on that larger bulb?

·
Registered
213 Posts
LED in pic. # 2 should fit for your cluster, take bulb from pic #3 out of the plastic holder and slide in the new led. and it should fit. as for the other's have you checked on of the sponsors? i heard they got all the led's you might need. g/l

·
Registered
57 Posts
well you should have done some research because this has been covered many times already
the blub you really want to change are the 168 and/or 194 blubs
there is only three blubs that you would replace and they are about in the middle back of the gauge (the bigger bulbs spreaded out like 1 to 3 inches apart) should really just be three bulbs to change

and with the blue blubs in place there should look like this thread

blue gauge thread

you can clear out your needles for more added effect

Clearing Gauge Needles w/ Pics -by loas378

Good luck

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'd be surprised by what lights I have going on at times
. Anyway, so you guys are saying that the bigger black and blue blulb can fit the small all blue bulb inside it. Sweet. Is there a trick to getting the blue cover off of the bigger black bulb? I tried just pulling it, didn't work easily. I'll try again.

PS: I read those threads, but they didn't answer my specific questions of "how" it's done. They just talk about that it can be done and showed pictures of finished product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.