Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like your opinions about whether to put the manufactor alarm sticker on your car window or not? Do you think it deters thieves or do you think it helps them because they know your car has an alarm and will be prepare for it?

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
No, don't do it. Don't advertise what system you have. Then they know what tools they need to get around that system. It's like giving them a heads up.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
i wouldnt put it on, i like to keep my teg clean... but if your in high crime area it might be a good idea to put it on.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
If your car is mostly stock I would put it on and park it in a safe place. If it has a lot done to it I wouldnt put it on and hope they arent ready for the alarm when they try to steal it. My theory is if you have a stock integra with an alarm, and theres more just like yours without an alarm, most theives would go to the one without an alarm. But you never know, so I would jump on that fuel cutoff switch and hood cable relocation.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Furious94LS on Apr/05/04 said:
No, don't do it. Don't advertise what system you have. Then they know what tools they need to get around that system. It's like giving them a heads up.
Exactly. Why not just leave an etched copy of your ignition key on the window as well? If they know what kind of alarm you have then they will be able to do their homework on how to deactivate it. The blinking red light is usually enough notice that the car is protected. Putting a sticker in the window is nothing more than free advertising for the alarm manufacturer. Its not really a theft deterrant at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts