Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up guys, my G2 jus recently stopped startin on me. It will start eventually after i turn the key about 100 times (no exageration). I was told it can be the sproket on my starter or the alternator.The only way to get it started in one shot is push startin the thing, Feel like i'm startin a dam go kart everytime.But the funny thing is sometimes it'll start in one shot sometimes it won't. I pretty sure it's the starter but need a second opinion.My brother is parts manager at Acura so gettin the parts is no big deal(don't think i'm cheap or ghetto for havin to push start)And another thing, if it is the starter and i have a B16A swap then the starter is still the stock Integra one right?

-CJ

·
Registered
13 Posts
sounds like you need a starter. the starter you get should match your tranny. b18a trans =b18a starter, but if you swapped your tranny w/ the b16a, then you need to buy a starter for it. it's quite possible that the same starter fits both, just have to check the part #'s.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright what if i got a GSR tranny then a GSR starter? guess so.. push button haha LOL naw man but push startin can push some buttons thats for damn sure!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
make sure its not just your ignition switch going bad before you replace the starter. If you wiggle the key does it make any differance? what about tapping the cylinoid on the starter?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
never tried tappin the solenoid but i noticed if i hold the key fully on the start position then it has a better chance of startin and there's a buzzing sound almost like a long beep comin from the motor if it does'nt start....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts