Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being the recipient of a rear end collision last week, the teg gets to go into the shop for some body work. But, instead of an overpriced stock replacement bumper cover, if thinking of putting that money toward a kit.

So here's the questions:

Where's the best place to buy a kit online? Who has the best fit, where's the best customer service, who is the best value?

Where did you get your kit? Like it? Any problems or concerns? Would you do business with 'em again?

By the way, the car is a G2.

Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree with Me007gold. What you pay for is what you get. I bought from streetstyler.com and fitment was very poor. The front bumper was bowed in the middle. But if you want to spend the money i suggest gettin a urethane. They are a lot more flexable, but like Me007gold said its hard to modify.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If your a decent driver and dont hit to many signs and mailboxes then you have nothing to worry about if you get a fiberglass kit. I have a fiberglass kit on mine and if i scrape it it still holds up just fine. I've scraped it pretty hard a few times, a couple of my friends have urethane front bumpers, and whenever they bottom out the urethane flexes more and all three of my friends have spider webs all over their front bumpers, i would recomend fiberglass over urethane any day, it might break easier but if you dont drive like a dumb ass you wont have any problems.

·
Registered
118 Posts
if you want my opinion i would say no kit, stay stock and do some lips or something, i had a kit on my civic and its really high risk and trouble to keep nice, honestly how many people does everyone know that has kept their bk perfect or not broken it at least once? haha i know i did but anyway thats my opnion

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm not sure how it works for you in Alberta, but something like that just happened to me. The insurance of the guy who backed into me is gonna take care of all the damage to my rear bumper. So after taking in to SGI to get it appraised I took the work invoice to the shop I deal with and arranged with them to order the back bumper for me through the import shop here in Saskatoon. So all I have to do is wait a couple weeks for my Bomex rear to come in and then the shop will take care of everything and bill SGI.
Again, depending on how the insurance is working, this may be something you want to consider
Good Luck

·
Registered
402 Posts
Civicteg, true, but.... u forgot 1..how many people have "accidentally backed into you" Trust me, i was @ work and this one a$$hole...dont know who....backed into my car....lucky that i had to bring my car into get painted, b/c if i caught him/her, id kick their a$$!! Oh and personally, i'd buy a kit that i can actually touch, instead of 1 on-line. I dont trust the net, too risky.

93-TeG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts