Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get OE replacement brake pads, front & rear, for a '97 GS. Can I buy these from my local Honda dealer or do I have to go to an Acura dealer? The reason I ask is becuase I've been to my local Honda dealer for other parts in the past and sometimes I've had luck but most of the time they seem somewhat unsure about the parts they're giving me. I just want to make sure I'm getting the right parts.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Why not aftermarket ones. They're probably better than OEM and for the same price. I'll be getting my next set of pads from www.tirerack.com

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When it comes to brake pads for our Integra's I've heard that you're better off using the OE pads. I can't remember all the reasons to back this statement up but I can tell you that most of what I've heard has been from people on this site.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I love my Axxis Ultimates.

What brake pads you get depends on what you want. If you are only doing daily driving, sure stick with stock.

If you want alittle more performance, look into aftermarket. You can get some pads which work great for the street/autox/strip.

Check out cobalt friction, nice guy there. Willing to talk on the phone for hours to help you pick the right pad.

·
Registered
64 Posts
g3teg4life, www.thepartsbin.com has lots of OE parts,it's like an online dealership for stock parts, but I heard reliable aftermarket brake pads with dust channels are just as good if not better than OE pads.

-phrixion

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
I have only used OE becasue I hate brakedust. Unless u step up and buy some good ones like StyleTeg mentioned. Ive heard EBC are good too.

·
Registered
545 Posts
There is also the option of Hawks Performance Brake Pads. I have them (but its the plus=more wear better stopping power)but they also have good OE replacement pads.

sidenote= i'm running PowerSlot Rotors

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Aftermarket or performance ones just wear faster and may cause more noise than OE. But they do perform better than OE. My axxis smocked too easily even on the streets when I drive it hard every once ina while so I'm either switching to EBC or Hawk performance pads on my powers stop rotors. Putting new Brake Master Cylinder and DOT 4 Mutol 6000 brake fluid before this weekend.

·
Registered
684 Posts
i just bought AKIBoNOs last month and the guy told me its close to OEM parts. and i have no problem with it since i got it.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
would power slot slotted rotors and metal master brake pads work/ fit on a 97 rs? i have seen pads that fit all but rs's, and would this be a good setup to run or would powerslots work well with oem as well? all those parts are on modacar pretty cheap.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
The RS should be the same as the LS. All 90+ integra's use the same size brake rotors except the ITR which is larger and uses a 5 bolt pattern. So if it makes you feel any better you already have GSR rotors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts