Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yah but i got the 9813 for 274 and its like 298 on discountjungle. I couldnt pass up the amazing deal.

Anyways, thanks for the replies. I decided to just go ahead and order it since I found out it is an actual store located in new york and people on other forums posted positive experiences.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yah i was worried about that too, but considering the deck is a 2003 model and if you check the alpine site they have their new line coming out shortly so prices should be generally dropping on all of the 2003 models anyways. In addition, there were a couple of sites that had prices around 300 so 275 wasnt that out of the question. on the site they clearly state that all items are brand new and come with manufacturers warranty. haha i think i should be safe

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
TeamLosi on Feb/27/04 said:
the install was easy. no need for the ten gauge wire just order the scosche wiring harness and your ready to go
Actually ya if the deck had V-Drive you do need it...well...it'll work but I feel sorry for your poor deck...it has a fan on the back for a reason and if you don't run the 10 ga...it's gonna have fun trying to keep up with the extra heat the powersupply of the deck will be producing
so about the only wire that is power related I'd use from a wiring harness is the ignition and run a 10 ga ground and a 10 ga constant from the battery (and don't forget the fuse)....oh also I have the 9815 bought it locally though...GREAT deck...but run the 10 gauge your deck will thank you!

Later,
Jared

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
integra0723 on Feb/29/04 said:
i only ordered the deck on friday so i will get it 7-10 days from then and shipping was 15 which is pretty fair. lata
if it has v-drive be sure and run 10 guage...it's worth the $20 for you $300 deck...just get a 250 watt amp kit from wal-mart it'll get you the fuse and the 10 guage wire.
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
90_integraLS on Feb/28/04 said:
Quote: TeamLosi on Feb/27/04the install was easy. no need for the ten gauge wire just order the scosche wiring harness and your ready to go
Actually ya if the deck had V-Drive you do need it...well...it'll work but I feel sorry for your poor deck...it has a fan on the back for a reason and if you don't run the 10 ga...it's gonna have fun trying to keep up with the extra heat the powersupply of the deck will be producing
so about the only wire that is power related I'd use from a wiring harness is the ignition and run a 10 ga ground and a 10 ga constant from the battery (and don't forget the fuse)....oh also I have the 9815 bought it locally though...GREAT deck...but run the 10 gauge your deck will thank you!

Later,
Jared
[/quote]
Im not using the V drive im using an external amp. And frankly only the retailers are the ones who say to use 10 gauge wire, i have not seen it in my manual. Oh theres no need for you to worry i and the profesional who insatlled assured me of this. Then again what does he know hes only bneen in the buisness for ten years, and been sponsored by phoenix gold and boston acoustics

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.