Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm lowering my teg in a couple of weeks and need some advice. I drive around my brother's teg a couple times here there and his teg is lowered about 3 inches (I think). I usually hit everything including speed bumps, low driveways etc. What I was wondering was if anyone has made or thought of a steel skid plate that goes on the bottom of your teg. I was thinking of cutting the big plastic piece attached to the front bumper and replacing it with some diamond plate steel or something else like that. I am looking for some sort of idea that would protect my oil pan and other expensive acura parts that I don't have the money to replace if I bottom out. Any feedback would help. Thanks.

Brian.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
They sell skid plates for body kits, kinda like the eclipse on fast and the furious. BUt imo thats kinda "ricey". My car is lowered about 2". I dont think you need a skid plate man. You just have to get used to driving a little more cautiously.

BoBBo

·
Registered
638 Posts
do you go drive over drive way bumps, or speed bumps slanted a little? always helps me, there probably is some reason that no one has put a full underbody protection plate in though, maybe because of heating issues, or water build up, plus it would make your car even lower too, and it would be a pain to take on and off to work on your car. I have a friend that I swear thier car is only an inch off the ground and they make it over speed bumps, barely.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Cyrax71 on Feb/21/04 said:
They sell skid plates for body kits, kinda like the eclipse on fast and the furious. BUt imo thats kinda "ricey". My car is lowered about 2". I dont think you need a skid plate man. You just have to get used to driving a little more cautiously.

BoBBo
how much of the underbdy doese it protect?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it would have to be something easy to take on and off of course. If you have ever worked on an older pathfinder it has a skid plate with 10 bolts that you have to take off just to do an oil change. I thinking about something that attaches to about 4 to 6 points that you can bolt into, its just an idea thats up in the air. I just want to know if anyone else has thought about this and has any suggestions.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Is this a show car? Or is it the look?
It might be better to raise it back up to a hieght that is user friendly. A skid plate is going to make the car even lower.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.