Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide what to do with my engine right now.
I have a USDM B18C1 with only 16k miles on it (I have a 2k1 GSR).
Now, I'm at the point where I haven't modded my car in about 6 months cuz I lost my license.. in fact I sold parts off my car to pay off tickets. (buh bye lips, skirts, and headers!
)...

Anyway.. now that I get my license back in like 1 month and 7 days, I wanna start putting crap back onto my car. But I decided also to stick with the stock look of my car for now and build the fawk outta my engine.

So, I decided I wanted to put this list of parts into my car:
JE Pistons and Rings
Spoon Cam
Spoon Cam Sprockets
JDM ITR header
JDM ITR Intake Man.
Eagle Connecting Rods
and maybe a T03/04E hybrid turbocharger

... But, lately I've been thinking, "what would be better?" The above forementioned, or just finding a Spoon B18C1 or B18C-R and dropping that into my integra.
What do you guys think would be better bang for buck?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
GSRNBP on Aug/25/02 said:
... But, lately I've been thinking, "what would be better?" The above forementioned, or just finding a Spoon B18C1 or B18C-R and dropping that into my integra.
What do you guys think would be better bang for buck?
Spoon = overpriced underachieving

IMHO, it's the Gucci of the Honda import world...people buy it for the name recognition and status it affords...it's like JDM....use those terms (spoon and JDM) and it's like waiving a red cape at the running of the bulls in spain to import beginners....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so do it myself.. ok.
Thats basically what I did on my accord. I got sick of it being a slowmatic, so I dropped in the JDM H22A and built it... then turboed...

its just I've never really heard of how the Spoon stuff performs... I guess I have my answer...

thx

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
if you do your homework and locate a good local machine shop they can do what Spoon does at 1/2 the cost.

I'll give you an example: The Spoon ITR 11:1 pistons...get JDM ITR Honda pistons and have a local shop balance them with the rods you are using and voila! you have pistons as good as the Spoon version. You can overbore taper an ITR TB to have the same dimensions as the Spoon 70mm tapered TB at a much cheaper cost.

Don't get me wrong: the Spoon stuff is high quality but you pay a lot for it. Their cams and brake calipers are amazing. But will it show up as a more reliable part making more power? not necessarily....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks a lot for your help... I know who to ask if I have any questions about what to have the shop do.
You rock!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts