Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wanted to gather some opinions on bodykits.I heard they suck because of the added weight and how if the get loose or crack can be expensive and a hassle.And then of course they're good cuz they look cool.Not much pros other than that in my mind Unless OEM bumpers are heavier.This is just again what I heard and need some further opinions.
-CJ

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
RS kits are the only kit on the G2 that I actually like. There are a few good kits out there for the G3, although the best by far(I think) is the OEM kit. Perhaps it serves somewhat of an aerodynamic purpose, because it's included on the Type-R. Other than that, it looks DAMN COOL! Personally, I think they are also a way of making your car stand out from the rest of the crowd. Also, it might be slightly heavier, although it shouldn't make that much of a difference, unless you make it out of something like...wood...or something stupid like that lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
almost like any part you put on your car, there are going to be pros and cons. Rather it be reliability, gas mileage, or even just appeal to thieves. They look good. And if installed right, shouldn't be that much trouble. only thing I've seen really bad, is the huge front bumpers on lowered cars. They're always chipped, and cracked from stuff.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i think it all depends on the purpose of your car. if its a straight show car.. well then it doesn't really matter how low or big your body kit is.... but on the other hand if its a daily driver then you want something that can add to the looks of your ride and not be a BIA BIA to drive around with. I think a great example is gsrstilez car... the WW lip kit. it looks great and plus if you can install in yourself (which isn't hard) you can just pull it off in the winter if you get snow and debris etc. I'm not even a big fan of body kits but if done quality... i think anything can look good. well good luck.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.