Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
isnt that a CRV 2liter engine? about 160 hp if i remember right with a lot more torque

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
BIGCU on Jul/19/02 said:
"b20 is a nice engine with a lot of torque but i dont know how that would do in an integra "

goto http://www.c-speedracing.com/integra.html

12 sec B20 DC2 all motor
sh*t, why do they have to RUIN that car by putting "Type R" stickers on the bottom....

·
Registered
352 Posts
does the b20 weigh less than the h22? would it do better in an integra compared to the h22?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I wouldn't spend that much money on a b20 nonvtec when you could get a vtec head and keep your ls block for a cheaper price. Unless you got the cash to spend, go for it but costwise, i would go the cheapest route with good or comparable gains. This way you'll have all the power you need and vtec baby. If tuned properly of course, you can produce over 200hp....amazing.

·
Registered
549 Posts
the B20 teg swap idea never made sense to me, ya its a bigger motor but I dont think it even has 20% of the aftermarket mods available as the stock integra motors do. If its bigger you want, why not stroke it to a 2.0?

·
Registered
246 Posts
B20 parts are very available since most b-series parts are interchangeable....I would just buy an H22 if I were you....I have driven civics with those motors and they don't handle bad at all like everyone says....all you will need is a stiffer spring rate in the front to compansate for the extra 75lbs.

·
Registered
511 Posts
go with the h22 if your gonna upgrade your engine but if not get a head off a type-r, i would prefer a frank motor but thats up to you, either way your car is gonna be badass..................
good luck

·
Registered
35 Posts
Put a b16a head on a b20b long block and you'll have one sick motor for not that much money. Or if want a really good engine put a gsr head or type r head on the b20. You'll really enjoy either of those setups. I wouldn't recommend just putting in a b20 non-vtec. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
406 Posts
That c-speed integra is a beast...did you guys watch it beat the Lightning(380 hp)...that's a very impressive setup they've got...wonder how much it dented their wallets...
-Jon-

·
Registered
141 Posts
b20 vtec is the way to go alot like the ls/vtec conversion. the b20b if im not mistaken is the almost identical to the b18b block(minus the obviouse).
A guy down at pyr racing in houston has a civic with 215 hp to the wheel all motor. b2ob/vtec its what Im going to do.

·
Registered
129 Posts
teamsprock on Jul/29/02 said:
Put a b16a head on a b20b long block and you'll have one sick motor for not that much money. Or if want a really good engine put a gsr head or type r head on the b20. You'll really enjoy either of those setups. I wouldn't recommend just putting in a b20 non-vtec. Just my opinion though.
I'm with you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A friend of mine recently put in a B20Z into his Civic and ran a 14.6...which is REALLY close to what a B18C1 engine would've given him. Given that he also has a slight advantage with a JDM GS-R tranny and major disadvantages with crap tires, stock exhaust manifold (complete POS), stock strawpipe exhaust, fouled sparkplugs, and a failing clutch. In daily driving, the car is awesome...nice amount of torque. It simply hauls ass off the line.

Also, remember that if you plan on getting a B20, get the B20Z and not the B20B. The B20Z has slightly more compression with more HP and torque. Couple it with a tranny other than an LS and you will have one helluva motor for less than $2k-3k.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts