Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Dont have any advice for coil overs for you, i'm on stock ITR coils myself. Just popping in to say i can see all of your pictures now lol. Lots of good detailed work in here!
haha ty for confirming that. I was a bit paranoid for a while :p.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Integra compression test b18b1

I did a compression test today. I'm thinking about bringing Oji-san to a track day sometime in the near future and wanted to make sure the engine wasn't going to fall apart on me. No freak engine, but the results were nice and even across the board. Although I do have a lot of oil in the spark plug wells, which makes me think I need to replace those little circle spark plug gaskets. I did them just a few months ago with a knock off brand, but I guess I need to go OEM honda, bc the knock off one clearly didn't work.

BTW, in case anyone is wondering, to do the compression test just remove the 15 amp fuel pump fuse in the engine bay and unplug the distributor plug as you see in picture. The only thing you want running is the starter. Next remove the spark plug from the cylinder your testing and then insert the compression tool. Crank the engine a few times and check the compression gauge. Once your done, replace the spark plug and move onto the next one.

Compression test results:
1995 integra rs b18b1:

Cylinder 1: 140
Cylinder 2: 145
Cylinder 3: 150
Cylinder 4: 140

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
uhhhhhh so I kind of died, but I'm BACK!!!! AND I have tons of content to share lol.

So to start this **** off, I present you BRAND NEW used door handles....... y e a.

First I had to pop out the old ones. YOu need to remove the inner door card to get all the scews from behind. The space wasn't to bad, but you do need to use 1/4 sockets or your tools won't fit.

I'm transfering the locks from the old one to the new one. It was super easy! I noticed these new handles have power locks, but RS doesn't have power locks so I just never plugged them in.

I kind of ****ed up the paint on the driver side and then scuffed the **** out of it during install, but I don't really care since the rest of my car already looks ****ty lol.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ok ok ok..... Here is the real exciting stuff! BRAND NEW TEIN COILOVERS!!!! WOOOOOOO

Yea so I kind of gave up on upgrading my springs to Swift springs adventure due to the cost getting closer to an all in one system, so I said F*ck it and went for some big papa TEIN FLEX Z coilovers.

car back up in its natural stance of hovering in the air for more installs

Comparison shot, unfortunately this doesn't really represent how big of a difference the coilovers felt. The Tein feel noticeably heavier and everything from the collars and springs feel thicker and way more beefy! The Tein felt like quality all around.

Front installed!

Showing off the damping ability. I though it was just 16 way adjustable at first but it was actually 32 way adjustable which I'm not a fan of actually. I prefer less clicks that offer larger changes in each click. Nobody needs 32ways of adjustment. I barely feel a difference between 1-5 clicks. On that note it does drastically change the feel through out the range. I can't imagine driving anything high than 15 clicks on public road without your back breaking.

Rear install... Yes yes yes.... I know... I need to cut my grass

rear top mount area. You just remove the rubber cap to adjust damping on the TOP part as well.

So now that I've been driving on these for 4ish months, I can say I do love them and they hold up great with no leaks. Right now the roads in my area are total ****, so I have adjusted only 5 clicks in the front and 7 clicks in the rear. They soak up most of the bumps, but I will say these are noticeably stiffer due to the hardcore 10k springs up front and 7k rear. That's a lot for such a light weight car. I sort of wish I had 8k front and 6k rear but I'm not complaining. Overall these coilovers are great!

Stay tuned for more posts. I have a backlog I need to catch up on, but no reason to spit it out all at once lol.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok ok.... finally had time to grab some more images.

Todays install is the Emusa subframe brace and Tie bar. Also the PQY Racing sway bar (aka VR racing, LZ one, Hypertune, WLRracing, .... I think I got them all).

The china sway bar is 24mm and beefy AF. It came with endlinks with spacers/tapers, swaybar bushings with beefy brackets (btw the bushings sucked)

Azz back up...... What are those two suspension bars on the outside??? hmmmm just have to wait and see.

OEM setup.... Looking pathetic AF.

Naked!

Oem next to the China bar

Installed the Emusa subframe brace. It was a bit of a PITA due to back brackets lining up. Word of advice.... Keep everything loose until you get all the bolts on. Then tighten it all up.

Emusa Tie bar on.... Honestly this felt super pointless.... But it came with the kit and I needed those hot boi points.

Bam like magic the MASSIVE rear sway bar is on! I have to say I love this PQY, VR racing, LZ one, Hypertune, WLRracing sway bar lol.

Tried some angles so you can see how all the components look

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Continuation........

The endlinks they provide are actually super nice!!! Except the bolts were way to long and had the incorrect thread pitch for the rear lower control arm. So I did have to buy new bolts and nuts. Also note, the tapered spacers were a real nice touch and allow the endlinks to fully swivel if they need to.

Last but not least is the measurement. A perfect 24mm thick, solid, hard and black.......piece of metal.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
ONE mORE PoSt!!!!! (scratches neck....)

Ok so like I said at the beginning of the previous install, the PQY swaybar bushings/brackets were total Sh*t and kept pooping off, so I used that prime access to replace them stat.

I ended up buying the Prothane polyurethane bushings with greased brackets. I really like the idea behind grease cap.

Bam installed and looking even sexier than before!

Lastly..... This is the garbage that kept coming off. The brackets only a retaining edge on one side, so the idea is it should always keep pressure against that edge. Well that **** didn't work clearly.

Ok more posts to come this weekend!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
rear suspension is lookin beefy!
It is and feels great. I had to turn down the damping of the rear shocks a little more, bc the sway bar stiffened up the the rear so much. I really can't wait till I get to chance to get this bad boy on the track. I just need to clean up a few leaks so it passes inspection.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Remember those extra control arms I didn't install in the previous post. Ok so I've had a few failures along the way of making a budget build, but this is by far the worst product I've come across.

I was thinking I could just replace the bushings by purchasing these aluminum front lower control arms, but the sleeves swivel, so you can NEVER torque the bolt down. I spent about an hour trying different ways to prevent it from swiveling while I torqued the nut on and said f*ck it at the end of the day. In this case nothing beats OEM.

DO NOT BUY EMUSA FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARMS.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Integra 4 lug type-r brake conversion

On a lighter note, I got type-r brakes :). I couldn't find all the pictures, but if I do I'll post them up. I also installed some nice Goodridge SS brake lines too.

THIS IS THE BEST MOD YOU CAN DO TO YOUR CAR!!! These brakes stop better than most sports cars I've driven.

Also some misconceptions I've seen in other threads. You do not need GSR/Type-R brake booster/master cylinder. Simply bleed these all the way till new fluid shows (Full flush bleed) and brake them in. It took me 2 days to fully bed these pads into the rotor, but once they were broken in the pedal feed back and stopping power was insane!!!

If anyone is wondering these are the parts I used:
  1. 2009-2013 mini cooper BASE brakes rotors (Do no buy type S or convertible rotors)
  2. ITR calipers (aka odyssey, prelude, cl tl, cr-v front brake calipers)
  3. 04-08 TSX brake pads for the extra surface. (You can just use stock type-r pads if you want)
  4. Goodridge Stainless steel brake lined for integra
Before picture:

After Picture:

Parts list and cost break down

·
Registered
1995, acura integra, LS-SE
6 Posts
This looks really great!

I am hoping to do this exact upgrade really soon, would you mind linking to where you purchased the parts in the cart above?

Also, did you only do the fronts and was there any modification needed or were these strictly bolt on?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
This looks really great!

I am hoping to do this exact upgrade really soon, would you mind linking to where you purchased the parts in the cart above?

Also, did you only do the fronts and was there any modification needed or were these strictly bolt on?
Hey everything is purchased off of eBay. Yep everything was direct bolt on. I only did the fronts bc the type-r rears are hardly bigger, but I might be doing ep3 rear rotors with the ep3 brackets on the stock calipers for the rear. I just need to test fit it real quick before I buy new parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everything is purchased off of eBay. Yep everything was direct bolt on. I only did the fronts bc the type-r rears are hardly bigger, but I might be doing ep3 rear rotors with the ep3 brackets on the stock calipers for the rear. I just need to test fit it real quick before I buy new parts.
Awesome thanks for the info, I found pretty much everything from your cart but I think I'll be going with the already red painted calipers from rock auto since I planned to paint them red anyway might as well save the time/ materials :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Awesome thanks for the info, I found pretty much everything from your cart but I think I'll be going with the already red painted calipers from rock auto since I planned to paint them red anyway might as well save the time/ materials :D
Yea I almost did that too, but I wanted to paint mine blue. The rock auto ones are better if you want red bc they are actually powder coated and super durable!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea I almost did that too, but I wanted to paint mine blue. The rock auto ones are better if you want red bc they are actually powder coated and super durable!
Love the blue! it looks really good with the silver body and black wheels (y)

I was almost tempted to grab the same ones and go with spoon yellow but don't have much room for painting at my current apartment😅

21 - 38 of 38 Posts