Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People always have a set of goals that was to accomplish, before they visit the big race track in the sky. Some want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, some want a 12 second daily-driver, and some just want every product made by APC1: they are all goals that somone on the board have.

I've always wanted to paint a car, do some body repair, build an engine, race at Road Atlanta, VIR, and Luguna Seca, and have a dedicated track car that I can push harder in the corners and rev higher in the straights. They are all obtainable; it just takes a little time.

So with that said, here is Project Integra, who started life as a '94 GSR. The previous owner was an "enthusiast," so several of the yO-Yo parts will soon be in the For Sale Froum.

Right now, everything is in a parts buildup. Nothing is for certain and nothing is for sure. I really wanted this car to be complete by FEB '03, but a more realistic goal is early '04.

What I do have in plane for Alyssa is:
- weight reduction
- 6-point roll bar
- high-output N/A configuration
- low gear ratio LSD tranny

I hope to doucment the stages of development, as hopefully somone will find useful info. As of now, I'm test fitting a roll cage, so there should be an update later.

-Garrett

·
Registered
457 Posts
That's great that you finally got your project car. I wish that we could all have some of our dreams come true. Sounds like it will be a very nice track car by the time that you are done with it. Keep us updated on how it is going.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My initial budget was $6,000 for car, motor, and yada-yada. Now that I started putting together a wish list, it's going to cost slightly more. There is alot that goes into a dedicated track car, just to support it. You've got to have a truck that gets 13mpg and trailer to tow it, expensive brake controller, and heavy duty drop hitch.

Alyssa was picked up for $2,750 with a clean title and a few modifications like Skunk2 coilovers, JDM 4-1 header with 2.5" collector, Carsound Cat 2.5" inlet/outlet, and Tanable Racing something exhaust with SMSP flange. Part for part, it wasn't too bad of a dael.

Also, please visit the 4Sale Forum. Lots of OE parts for next to nothing.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tegragsr94 on Sep/09/02 said:
whats wrong with it that you picked it up for so cheap, other than the minor exterior damage and 4 donuts

If I didn't say it already, this is going to be FUN.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
garret, keep me up-to-date EVERYDAY when you start on this. you're an inspiration to us all!

·
Registered
865 Posts
That a beautiful thing Gvtec, once you have all the mods out it's like a blank canvas to start with! I was wondering how far you are in the planning of the low gear ratio LSD tranny. Are you buying something already built or pulling together parts and building it yourself?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Man, one small step for U, one giant set for the TI family... may the force be with U man.,,

and Ohh, the best of luck to U and accomplishing the goal....

ummm, u know, i was wondering, since there is empty room under there... I know that the B secies engines are good. but what if U could fit the 3.0L V6 engine that the accords have under there...?? can it be done?

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you ever get tired of driving your new hot rod in the future, let me know.

I guess yer nor selling the wing?

·
Registered
129 Posts
i hate people who are cooler than me!!!!

good luck bro!! have fun with it and keep us updated!!!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
man i envy you. i would love to have a project car like yours. with your documentation that should help a lot of us more. we already have a great articles section. but this is a great bonus

·
Registered
567 Posts
i coulda sworn you once said the gs-r you have now was track only, i remember you saying something along the lines of 'it spends most of its time running between cones' but maybe i misunderstood or something

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hanoihomeboi on Sep/09/02 said:
i coulda sworn you once said the gs-r you have now was track only, i remember you saying something along the lines of 'it spends most of its time running between cones' but maybe i misunderstood or something
To be honnest, my '99 GSR lives under a car cover. I think I put something like 2,000 miles on it last year. About the only time I do drive it is when I autox. I kind'a perfer SUVs for daily drivers.
I fit in them better and have ground clearance.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
damn 2 gsrs in one garadge,, this one guy had 2 or 3 rs in a garadge?? well newayz ,, Damn,...

Frank

1 - 20 of 36 Posts