Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Loosen the adjuster brackets on the alternator...take old belt off....new belt on...put brackets/bolts back in which will stretch the belt back out. Belt should be able to bend 90 degrees. Done.

Simple.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
1) loosen the two big 12mm bolts holding on the power steering pump.

2) using the wingnut on top of the two bolts, lower the PS pump.

3) the PS belt should now be loose, and you can slip it off the crank.

4) find the A/C belt tensioner, it is right below the PS pump. loosen the big 14mm bolt that is inside the pulley.

5) find the small 10mm adjuster at the front of the A/C belt tensioner, and start loosening the belt until you can slip it off the crank.

6) loosen both top and bottom bolts of the alternator. the alternator pivots on the bottom bolt along a groove in the top bolt. pivot the alternator until you can remove the alternator belt.

installation is reverse of removal, but tighten the A/C tensioner pulley SECURELY or it will work itself loose over time. it has happened to numerous members on here.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Huh....it's been a while since i been down there, I guess. Forgot all that ****.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1) loosen the two big 12mm bolts holding on the power steering pump.

2) using the wingnut on top of the two bolts, lower the PS pump.

3) the PS belt should now be loose, and you can slip it off the crank.

4) find the A/C belt tensioner, it is right below the PS pump. loosen the big 14mm bolt that is inside the pulley.

5) find the small 10mm adjuster at the front of the A/C belt tensioner, and start loosening the belt until you can slip it off the crank.

6) loosen both top and bottom bolts of the alternator. the alternator pivots on the bottom bolt along a groove in the top bolt. pivot the alternator until you can remove the alternator belt.

installation is reverse of removal, but tighten the A/C tensioner pulley SECURELY or it will work itself loose over time. it has happened to numerous members on here.
LOL-how do i just-only change alternator belt Thank you#2

·
Administrator
3,652 Posts
LOL-how do i just-only change alternator belt Thank you#2
Those instructions ARE how to change the alternator belt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts