Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, whats up? I just got my 97 4 door ls about a week ago, its been treatin me very well, but i've run into a couple of problems, mainly me screwing around and messing things up, was hoping someone could help me out here. I just put in a 300W amp and a 8' tube in the back. Being that the stock teg cd player doesnt support RCA cables, i cut the wires (with the red wire bridgers that you squeeze with clams, clean cut, very nice....) but at the end of it all, the radio wouldnt turn on. I took apart the head unit and "fiddled" (in retrospect... something i shouldn't have done) i put it back together just the way it was, and took the car over to a shop. Turns out i burnt out a relay, which explained why the clock wasnt working, but now my front right speakers aren't working and the cd slot wont take any CDs. I've already tried other head units (i have a couple of old honda ones lying around) and they work fine, does anyone know their stock acura single CD players well? I'm so eager to get this fixed because i also have a alpine changer in the back... i dont want to have to shell out 300 for a new radio, or "at least 200" for acura to take a look at it... please help me! thanks!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the stereo working already, but it doesnt output to the front right speaker, and it sounds distorted (like its underwater) and the CD slot doesn't take CD's. I've already bypassed the security, but hey, thanks anyways!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had this happen on my other car a day after I installed my system, it worked fine for a while then all the sudden it just popped or somethin and I thought i'd blown my speakers or it was shorting out...I fiddled with the amp, took the ground off a little checked and double checked all the connections and everything was secure...then it worked, I'm not sure what I did but somewhere in all my double checking I got it right...sorry I can't help anymore but it sounds just like what happened on my *gasp* grand am. haha.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm... well its not the amp, i've already tried using another head unit, everything works out fine. I dont think i fried something because the stock head unit still works, i was hoping someone would be familiar with the schematics? I'm also hearing a lot of "hey.. may be you should just get a new system" hahaha.... but i figure if i can get this working the right way, i might as well save some money so i can get something useful for my car... lol

any other ideas/suggestions/comments guys? anyone willing to part out a spare stock deck? thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts