Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys,
my friend just got a b16 swapped in his DA. it was running fine up until today. It started to miss so we parked it and started to take a look at it. We figured out that the problem is cylinder number 1. Its getting spark,has good compression,getting fuel,but when we take the plug out of the motor,its drenched in fuel. Then on top of that when the motor is running,and you disconnect the wire from the plug,nothing happends. Normally the car would start to run like **** if you take the wire off the plug with it running,but when we do it to cylinder 1 nothing happends. Again,getting spark,fuel,compression is fine. what could be going on.

PS the car is only throwing code 21,because the vtec solenoid isnt hooked up,and the knock sensor isnt wired.

·
Registered
333 Posts
take breake cleaner and spray it all around the intake maifold where it meets the block if it starts to want to stall u have a bad intake manifold gasket, witch would cause the ecu to dump more fuel into a cylinder.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
integragated90 on Sep/24/07 said:
take breake cleaner and spray it all around the intake maifold where it meets the block if it starts to want to stall u have a bad intake manifold gasket, witch would cause the ecu to dump more fuel into a cylinder.
i disagree, a leaky gasket wouldn't cause the ecu to dump extra fuel. our ecu's are not capable of monitoring the actions of an individual cylinder.

sounds like your #1 injector is stuck in the open postition. simply tap it gently a few times with a rachet handle and it should clear up. if not swap it out with a spare injector. if you don't have a spare. switch it around with another injector in the rail. if the problem moves to another cylinder its a bad injector. if the problem stays at cyl #1 you most likely have a bad injector driver in the ecu and the ecu must be replaced.

hope this helps

·
Registered
333 Posts
well i disagree with you..... when i changed my intake manifold i had that problem and i was tought that trick and changed the gasket. and problem was solved. what happens is the intake manifold will suck air in through the hole in the gasket witch will cause the car to run lean so the ecu will compinsate by dumping more fuel in. not saying that is his exact problem but it also could be.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jameelrose on Sep/24/07 said:
Quote: integragated90 on Sep/24/07take breake cleaner and spray it all around the intake maifold where it meets the block if it starts to want to stall u have a bad intake manifold gasket, witch would cause the ecu to dump more fuel into a cylinder.

i disagree, a leaky gasket wouldn't cause the ecu to dump extra fuel. our ecu's are not capable of monitoring the actions of an individual cylinder.

sounds like your #1 injector is stuck in the open postition. simply tap it gently a few times with a rachet handle and it should clear up. if not swap it out with a spare injector. if you don't have a spare. switch it around with another injector in the rail. if the problem moves to another cylinder its a bad injector. if the problem stays at cyl #1 you most likely have a bad injector driver in the ecu and the ecu must be replaced.

hope this helps
i did switch it and the problem stayed at cylinder 1 :(

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
ecu may be at fault then or u may have a short to ground on that injectors trigger wire.

use a multimeter and test for continuity to ground.

·
Registered
266 Posts
jdmlsvteg18 on Sep/24/07 said:
Its getting spark,has good compression,getting fuel,but when we take the plug out of the motor,its drenched in fuel.
Sounds to me like no spark on that cylinder. How did you check spark? I'm going to guess you just used the spark plug? To properly check for spark you need to use a tool that will tell you how strong the spark is.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
kidd3121 on Oct/12/07 said:
i had the same problem man...i changed my injectors and it fixed the problem...you're probably running to rich or to lean and its causing one of the injectors to stay open
running too rich or too lean is not gonna cause your injectors to stay open.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.