Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last year my buddy talked to some people to try and make a bill (law or something) but now it finally wentthrough so were going to have special plates for our cars in jan there making the inspection rules now so we can basically do anything we want to our cars in jan if we have the plate no more hassels with the cops no more getting pulled over for making our cars look good and fast my friend got $700 in fines in one night getting pulled over twice it was funny we were at a light it was dark but still they wanted to race come to find out there was a cop behind us lol

·
Registered
341 Posts
So they are going to make special licence plates for fixed up cars? That way the cops won't tell you anything? Man, thats pretty cool, keep the five'o from giving you tickets you don't need.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Is it a local law? More to the point, I'm not waving a bs flag, but that's unheard of. If it has happened in places, it is possible to happen elsewhere. it'd be a nice to have in florida. If you could find the information and post where to go get it I mgith be able to tryt o start soemthing here in Florida. I'm sure I could get enough followers, besides they have plates for everything else down here.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
I really dont see how they would make an acception for modded imports, imports are the one thing cops hate most, even more tho hooked up ones. Even if it is true i dont see how a cops gonna say "its ok that hes racing, because he has special tags, and hes exempt from all the other laws" thats just what i think.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I don't think it makes them exempt from racing, it just exempts them from citations like "illeagle exhaust", "Illeagle ride height", "illeagle lighting", you know, the stuff they bust our balls about all the time.

Phil

·
Registered
442 Posts
Wow, if these plates are real they would be so hot, everyone and there mother would have them. Imagine the annual income our local PD would lose... I dont think ill get excited just yet, I dont see why or for what reason a court of law would go back on there previous ruling of what is unsafe for public road use. Does this plate mean than Joe Blow with his "cut" springs and self installed turbo kit will be driving around un hassled...and that residential ares will no loger call the PD when they hear some kid driving around with his 5zigen fireball exhaust at 2 am... I wouldl ike to see some concrete evidence of this...a news article, show you saw this on...just so we know you didnt grab you ankles and pinch this one off...

·
Registered
25 Posts
wow, if that only would really happen. but have any of you thought how much that special plate will cost? it would be alot of $cash$ to fork out. i have never heard of a ride height law here in mich but everything else i have. still if there is proof of this please let us all know. thanx

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no they still have the law about exhaust noise but about the lights and ride hight what ever they say is safe u can do u can fix up you engine to any extreme u want have over sized rims basically what ever makes your vehicle unsafe u cant do ill try and find more info on it i guess were the second state that is going to be able to have this plate it cost 100 i think its just like a hot rod plate were the new generation hotrods why cant we have our own plate but in jan maine will have them maine of all places Ü

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Can we have a link to where you are getting this information? What qualifications do you have to have to get this 'special' plate? Can any kid with an import walk in and get one? Will everyone with an import and exhaust HAVE to get this plate(like a motorcycle endorsment, mandatory?), or only if they dont want the cops to 'mess' with them? Why, instead of making these plates, would they not just remove the law? If I had a BS flag it would be raised right now.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i heard in IL that if you are part of a sactioned car club, audio team, etc. and are advertising the name on your vehicle, you could be scraping your frame, bumping your tunes, etc. right next to a cop, and they can't do anything about it and you are exempt from most of the ride height, noise level, etc. laws because you are advertising for a "business"... like the weiner-mobile!

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
nospeedlimit i think what your sayying makes more sense then these "special tags" But if u have these specail tags i would bet that the cops would wait for u to do something else and try and book you for all they can.

·
Registered
389 Posts
stovee on Sep/13/02 said:
Wow, if these plates are real they would be so hot, everyone and there mother would have them. Imagine the annual income our local PD would lose...
Although I seriously doubt this guy's story since he offered no proof, it wouldnt be a bad fundraiser FOR the city. Think about it, do the cops ever get even CLOSE to ticketing everyone that has something out of spec on their car? Half the times its nickel and dime stuff that is thrown out or fixed. Ive never even been pulled over myself. BUT if they offered these sure to be expensive license plates just about EVERYoNE would buy one to make sure they were covered.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
on another note... i would expect that the plates would cost significantly more than regular plates to compensate for the revenue generated by giving us "ricers" tickets all the time. sorry about using the "R" word, but that's what the local cops call us (anyone driving a japanese car)in my area... i was driving my mostly stock Si at the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts