Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the problem that has been bugging me for the past two days. I have carbon fiber euros.
When my head lights are on, my tail lights light up normal... like this... o o - o o The "-" being the top brake light in the rear window.
When my headlights are on and i hit the brakes, it looks like this... o o - o... (missing the right brake light.)
And when i only hit the brakes w/out headlights on, it looks like this...o - o o... (missing the left brake light)
I hope you guys see what I am saying.
I have tried resetting my ecu, changing bulbs, fixing the fuses. This is really just confusing. any help is needed.

·
Registered
166 Posts
With the stock tails they worked normally rite? If so...the harness on your carbon fiber tails must be messed up and have the wires crossed or something.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
I've seen this exact problem for another guy I meet. His problem was that two of his wires were touching, so I'd start there.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
airon on Aug/22/02 said:
sorry to be an ass but....
how about just keeping the stock tails
this really isnt needed, if you dont like them dont bother to respond, he didnt ask for an opinion he asked for help, GET OVER THE LIGHTS. if you dont like them dont bother reading it once someone mentions the lights you dont like.

If he asked for opinions that would be different but he didnt.

·
Registered
431 Posts
dood, the center brake light should only be lit when the brake is pressed.

& yea, there must be something shorted out, but thru this forum we cant say what. try plugging in your old stock ones to see if its a car wiring problem or a problem with the lights

·
Registered
83 Posts
tony4311 on Aug/22/02 said:
this really isnt needed, if you dont like them dont bother to respond, he didnt ask for an opinion he asked for help, GET OVER THE LIGHTS. if you dont like them dont bother reading it once someone mentions the lights you dont like.

If he asked for opinions that would be different but he didnt.
people were thinking it
im just the one that posted it
anyways if there really is a problem why not return them to wherever he purchased them and have them replaced
more then likely its gonna be the harness for the euros though but whatever

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
Schof01 I've actually helped someone with what sounds like the same taillights.

He had about the same problem, that particular set of lights puts the wires closer together then most do so the chances of them making contact are better then the others,so thats where I'd start. I'm assuming yours didn't come with any harness,at least the aftermarket tailights I've seen used the stock harness did yours?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
how could the tails be defective??? it is a problem with the wiring, not the actual tails.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts