Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 RS with 255k KM and my problem is with the tranny and changing gears. My gears dont want to go in smoothly at all anymore, i find myself grinding and banging gears on regular basis, and my shifts take a good 2-3 seconds every time i shift. I dont drive my car hard and im pretty sure my clutch is okay cuz it doesnt feel like its slipping or anything, but the gears feel very "dry", it feels like im missing some kinda lubricant in there. I had a similiar problem before (bout a year ago) but someone advised me to check my brake fluid and sure enough it was low, when i refilled it, the problem went away. Now it seems like the same problem again but i refilled my brake fluid about 2 weeks ago and the problem seems to be getting worse and worse. I have to try and fix this at home, since im currently studying and dont have a job to pay for mechanic so if anyone can give me some good advice as to what this might be, i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Check your transmission fluid and see if it is low or dirty. If it is fine, your synchros are shot.

Try double clutching [ when shifting to the next gear, put it in nuetral first, tap the throttle then step on the clutch and shift to the next gear ] if it is slightly smoother, then you know your synchros are gone.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, im going to change the transmission fluid tommorow. I even found a nice article on it right here on this site :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts