Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my z3 fenders are in now and i havnt gotten a chance to get a quote on painting them. can ne one give me an aproximate price to paint the 2 of them... also im thinking of either geting a bodykit or a lip. would paint places possibly give me a discount if i painted the lip/bodykit and the fenders at the same time, or will it be about the same price as painting them at separate times

·
Registered
338 Posts
Its cheaper to paint everything at once, but if they happen to have some extra paint leftover mixed to your exact color then it will be cheaper than having to mix new paint. Any good body shop will do it, I would not recommend economy places like Maaco, crap job and horrible prepping. Pricewise, most places charge 45 an hour for labor have to prep and paint it, and then there is the cost of the paint, depending on which you use (get PPG or similar high quality paint).

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i would never have maaco touch my car. my dads neighbor is a car painter and evryone says he does great work, but he does it at his own house. i havent gotten a chance to talk to him yet, but would he be better to get it painted from or would u suggest going to a big place?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well, if he has the skill and the equipment at his place then by all means, Im sure you would save alot of money by having someone you know paint your car and if he has been known to do a good job sure why not.

·
Registered
325 Posts
with fiberglass fenders you need to fit them onto the car first. you will most likely have to do some cutting on the fenders and/or sanding to get them fit right. after you have them fit then you can have them painted. don't make the mistake of just having them painted before test fitting them.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
lsvtecdc4 on Mar/24/04 said:
with fiberglass fenders you need to fit them onto the car first. you will most likely have to do some cutting on the fenders and/or sanding to get them fit right. after you have them fit then you can have them painted. don't make the mistake of just having them painted before test fitting them.
im gonna quote this just so that it is seen twice on this page, lol, that is how important what lsvtec had to say is...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok good thing u guys said that. i fitted on one side and it didnt fit perfectly but i thought that was because i didnt bolt it on completely. should i sand it down or should i have a pro do it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts