Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi poeple, i maybe picking up a turbo for cheap.
Garrett t3/t4 hybrid, 60 trim compressor, .63 turbine a/r

it has bent shaft and impeller, i am wondering is it fixable? what other thing i should be checking out if i am to purchase this turbo and have it rebuild?

does anyone have a compressor map for this t3/t4 hybrid?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Depending upon how bent the fins are, they could be slightly clipped, but will lose structural integrity over some time. Otherwise it will have to be replaced. If the housing has been in contact with those blades, it will need to be rehoned. If there is bluing on the shaft of the turbo, it will need to be rebuilt, with a rebuild kit, and the entire turbine wheel replaced, with the shaft. With the new compressor wheel it will have to be rebalanced, and made sure it will fit in your turbine housing that you already have.

Altogether most rebuild places charge about $400 or so depending upon the damage. The rebuilt kit itself is about $100 from most places, but it must be disassembled, reassembled, housing honed to match, and rebalanced to be reliable. It is possible to reinstall the rebuild kit yourself, but you need a lot of special measurements to clip the compressor wheel. That can't be done at home, kids.

tough to say, you may find it less expensive to just get another new unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.