Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 ls and was wondering if it is just a regular occurance for tegs, but when I start my car, for a while you smell an unburned gas smell. do i need to upgrade or renew my ignition sytem? what's going on?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
When the car starts it will run rich until the O2 sensor warms up enough to give the ECU an acurate reading, then it will lean it out. This is why your smelling fuel.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Thanks! I asked the Dealer about this last year and he tried to convince me I was smelling exhaust.

I was insulted! I'm a chemist and I should know the difference between the smell of gas and the smell of exhaust. PLEASSSSSEEEEEE......

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Also considering the catalytic converter is usless until it warms up, you have a rich mixture combined with that so a strange smell seems like it would be normal. As long as it goes away after it's warmed up.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH! this was bugging the hell out of me. my friends would walk up behind my car like *sniff sniff* "what's up with your car DUDE something doesn't smell right DUDE" now i'm cool. my teg is perfect. it's all good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts