Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to but Crower Stage2 cam,Crower springs and retainers,Jun or Crower Cam gears,AEM Tru-poer pulleys and possibly NGK plugs and plug wires,MY question is what power gains will I get with these mods and how will my powerband change?My goal for my little LS is to beat a gsr with i/h/e possibly?MY future plans are to go turbo,because i can still use thses cams in aturbo setup.well any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
If you are going turbo in the future I would just save for that. I wouldn't worry about trying to beat other cars with an unfinished setup. I mean that's alot of money to spend only to have it all be meaningless once you finally get what you really want. Save your money for the true goal.

Crower does have turbo cams I believe which may be of interest to you, save the money you were going to spend to get those after the turbo goes on instead.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the stage2's are the ones that can be used in turbo setups,I want to do mostly upgrading of the engine first cuz its gonna take me awhile for a turbo since im only in high school.I was wondering with thses mods when and where I will feel them driving.I wan my LS,to show that non-vtech's rock too...

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HAHA thanx Cooncie look forward to installing some more stuff with me haha!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I dunno about that maybe we could try the pulleys!

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
That's cool then if those will work well on a turbo setup. Some Magnacore wires will help for your future turbo setup and eventual ignition upgrade although won't do anything for you right now.

I honestly haven't seen cams tuned on a stock non-VTEC engine. It will be interesting to see, can't wait to see your dyno charts.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Nick,
Which Stage 2 cams are you looking at? The 402T's or the 403's. I've never seen th 402T's on a N/A setup.

I also agree w/ SurferX. Screw the cams, and just start saving for the turbo. Dollar for dollar the turbo will give you loads more whp than a cam upgrade.
Cams $400
springs and retainers $325
cam gears $175
labor $250 (and thats LOW balling it-I was quoted $350-400 in Phoenix)
Tuning ??? count on at least $100 bucks an hour.

A conservative $1250 estimate for 10-15 whp if you can tune well. I dunno man, you be the judge.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
performance autoworks by us in mdoesto quoted me $140 for install on cams ,cam gears and pulleys and they said they would tune it for me, I'll have to double check if tehy are the 402 or 403's

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah I doubled checked on teh cams,tehy are the 403's,I would have to get springs and retainers with those.Anbotu teh turbo its just gonan take me a long time to save up,and I wnat my car quicker but I also want to do other stuff to it also.How would my performance change with those 403's springs, retainers and pulleys,if I got them installed and tuned?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
$140 to install all that AND tune it? Either you cali kids are spoiled w/ cheaper labor and us desert boys are stuck w/ crappy rates.....or this deal smells fishy.
Since you don't even know if they are 402 or 403 cams I'm assuming that you haven't researched this mod very thoroughly? Because the differences in the specs on each are very different.

Have you read MD's article on cams? I'm not trying to be a dick-it just seems like you ready to invest a significant amounnt of money and don't know the ins and outs of what swapping cams does exactly to your engine. I'd hate to see you drop a grand+ only to find out that you mismatched your cams for you desired engine package.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they are 403's I had it written down before but I lost it, I believe taht the 402's are more for forced induction, and the 403's are for street and drag/strip setups am I right?I know they both require srping/retainer setups..The shops around here are pretty competitive, the import scene around here in the valley is growing,and there is only a few import shops that do a good install and they are competing pretty high right now..

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
ok now we're talking.

With the 403's, they can obviously be tuned a number of ways. I've seen a N/A LS w/ properly sized h/c/e make about 10whp with a power curve similar to stock until 5k rpms. You can expect to lose just a little power in the low end, and start to see small gains starting at 5,000 rpms. By 6k the cams really start to breathe and make nice power up to redline.

What you have to find out is if the 403's are gonna be the "money cam" for your turbo setup. N/A they'll be fine....but turbo may be a different story. Like MD says, shop for your parts based on your final engine package. All your mods are part of larger system that should work together to get you the power goals that you're shooting for.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its kool I know that you are just helping and ,thanx for doing it yeah,Ive looked into all of this but IM open to any help I dont want to mess up on my car I just want teh best setup for it and me right now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts